WPC11-v4 cannot ping gateway

Hi:
I have three linksys wireless-B cards. All of them are WPC11-V4. Two
of them are made in China, while the other one is made in Taiwan.

Once all of them worked very well on my XP laptop. But someday, the
two China-makings could not work anymore and the Taiwan-making still
worked fine.

After pluging a China-making in, "ipconfig /all" shows that DHCP
supplied configuration is correct. However, the wireless card cannot
even ping the default gateway and DNS, though it can ping the ip of
itself. The linksys utility shows that the card has connected to the
access point but not the internet.

The three cards have totally the same installation procedure and
configuration, because I try to use them on the same machine, OS. I
disabled any WEP, or firewall on the XP.

Any idea about this?

Very appreciate!

Best

"vizlab" <lianjian@caip.rutgers.edu> wrote in message
> Hi:
> I have three linksys wireless-B cards. All of them are WPC11-V4. Two
> of them are made in China, while the other one is made in Taiwan.
>
> Once all of them worked very well on my XP laptop. But someday, the
> two China-makings could not work anymore and the Taiwan-making still
> worked fine.
>
> After pluging a China-making in, "ipconfig /all" shows that DHCP
> supplied configuration is correct. However, the wireless card cannot
> even ping the default gateway and DNS, though it can ping the ip of
> itself. The linksys utility shows that the card has connected to the
> access point but not the internet.
>
> The three cards have totally the same installation procedure and
> configuration, because I try to use them on the same machine, OS. I
> disabled any WEP, or firewall on the XP.
>
> Any idea about this?
>
> Very appreciate!
>

> Best

Broadcast SSID. Check with Linksys for both driver and firmware updates
for the cards. Check the NIC properties in Device Manager. Do the MAC
addresses change with a change in card? Do you have separate wireless
connections for each card? I'm curious since I have two version 3 cards
that I simply swap in and out without any problem on the same single
wireless connection.

Thanks a lot.
I will try what you said and give you my results.

Hi:
Below is my results:

(1)The NIC properties of all the wireless cards are normal.

(2)The SSID has already been broadcasted. Even the two China-makings
can find the SSID of the wireless network.

(3)I am trying to use the three WPC11s through the same slot, on the
same machine, to connecting the same wireless network. The
Taiwan-making works, but the two China-making don't.

(4)The MAC addresses of all cards are correctly shown with "ipconfig"
in the dos prompt.

I am still stucked. Very appreciate any help!

Best Wishes

> Hi:
> Below is my results:
>
> (1)The NIC properties of all the wireless cards are normal.
>
> (2)The SSID has already been broadcasted. Even the two China-makings
> can find the SSID of the wireless network.
>
> (3)I am trying to use the three WPC11s through the same slot, on the
> same machine, to connecting the same wireless network. The
> Taiwan-making works, but the two China-making don't.
>
> (4)The MAC addresses of all cards are correctly shown with "ipconfig"
> in the dos prompt.
>
> I am still stucked. Very appreciate any help!
>

> Best Wishes
>

> lianjian@caip.rutgers.edu (vizlab) wrote in message
>> Thanks a lot.
>> I will try what you said and give you my results.

I am suspicious that the two Chinese cards are not quite the same
chipset as the Taiwan card. Is the driver on the install CDs exactly
the same size, version for all three cards? If you installed the driver
for the Taiwan card, remove it and try the driver for the Chinese cards
or the reverse. You might also, when using the Chinese card, run
lspfix.exe and winsockxpfix.exe. Google for both. Run in default mode.
These fix winsock and the TCP/IP stack.

Why do you need to access the three cards on one computer? Just
curious.