wpc54g external antenna

Can I hook up an external antenna to a 54g card, and if so, how?
Thanks Steve

Depends on the card. PCMCIA, PCI, ??? Most PCI cards have removable
antennas, that allow you to hook up external antennas. Some PCMCIA cards
have removable antennas...snap off. But now all.

Bill Crocker

"Steve Foster" <shfoster@usa.net> wrote in message
> Can I hook up an external antenna to a 54g card, and if so, how?
> Thanks Steve

Taking a moment's reflection, Steve Foster mused:

| Can I hook up an external antenna to a 54g card, and if so, how?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Probably not, but maybe if you cracked the end that sticks
out of the laptop (where the internal antenna is) there may be a jack in
there ... but you'll likely damage the card beyond use in the process.