[SOLVED] WPS not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2019
WPS button not engaging.

I've tried holding the button. Restarting and resetting.

Need help.

Solution
WPS is inherently susceptible to being compromised and not recommended for use. This feature is recommended to be disabled by most as a result of this weakness.

Log into your router to see whether the feature has been disabled. Use WPA/WPA2 instead, with a strong password.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
WPS is inherently susceptible to being compromised and not recommended for use. This feature is recommended to be disabled by most as a result of this weakness.

Log into your router to see whether the feature has been disabled. Use WPA/WPA2 instead, with a strong password.

Solution
I agree with COLGeek --- WPS was designed to avoid users having to enter WiFi passwords ('cos that's too complicated for some - - lol,) which it why it's easily compromised, and anyway it often doesn't work

I never use it, have always used the time-honoured method whereby you select a network then enter the appropriate wireless password for that network -- in other words the manual method, not the WPS method.

You should use the manual method too if you want to get anywhere. WPS is pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.