[SOLVED] Wraith Prism cooler wiring question.

ingeborgdot

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
I have the AMD Wraith Prism RGB cooler. It has the 2 different plugs. 1 with a 3 pin and an RGB connector and 1 with a 4pin and usb connector.
I am using the Asus Rog Strix B550 motherboard. It has 2 standard RGB headers and a single addressable Gen 2 RGB header with 3 pins that look like this .. .
I have looked at videos and looked at forums but still am not sure which cable I should use. I see some that say use the usb, but that is because their mobods don't have addressable RGB is what I'm thinking. Can anyone clue me in a little?
Thanks.

Solution
I have both available on my motherboard (ASUS TUF gaming B550-Plus) and I use the USB because it gives me more control over the lighting. The RGB cable lets you control it through Aura Synch, but you can only change the fan color and not the ring and logo. If you use the USB you can install the Wraith s
software from Cooler Master and have control over all 3 areas on the lighting.

BradHP

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
I have both available on my motherboard (ASUS TUF gaming B550-Plus) and I use the USB because it gives me more control over the lighting. The RGB cable lets you control it through Aura Synch, but you can only change the fan color and not the ring and logo. If you use the USB you can install the Wraith s
software from Cooler Master and have control over all 3 areas on the lighting.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution