[SOLVED] Wraith Prism RGB retention handle snapped off

Eugene102

Reputable
Mar 28, 2020
So this friggin handle just snapped on me! I didn't even apply that much force. Looked it up and found out that it's a common problem with these coolers. I already contacted the seller about this but considering the situation in the world right now I can't get a replacement that fast. Anyway, question is, can I just put this cooler on my processor without locking it in place and just put my pc on its side for the time being or I'm stuck without a pc for at least a month? The CPU is a 3900x

Solution
"Handle" being the black plastic lever - correct?

The cooler needs to be locked into place to ensure thermal conductivity.

Unless you can somehow get the cooler locked into place (which could be very tricky) you may need to wait.

Do you have other cooling options?

Remember the objective is cooling - RGB etc. is secondary.

Ralston18

Titan

Unless you can somehow get the cooler locked into place (which could be very tricky) you may need to wait.

Solution

Eugene102

Reputable
Mar 28, 2020

Yes that's right, the plastic lever. I don't care about rgb at all, and if I had any other cooling option I wouldn't post anything here. I have a Deep Cool Gammax from my old pc but it's not going to fit on this socket. Well, guess I'm stuck without a pc for a good while. Thank you for replying anyway.