Writing a batch file

ennispool.ep

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
Hi. I need some help. I am researching an issue for my job. I think I have come up with a solution but I am not sure where to start exactly.

We need to re-add computers to a domain because they were accidentally deleted.

I would like to create a batch file that will read the computernames from a text file, Automatically fill it into another command that will remove the computer from the domain then re-add it.

If anyone has any input on the best way this could be done, I would greatly appreciate it.

Solution
Batch files are not the proper tool for the job. Learn to write Powershell scripts. You will have to do far more than just remove -> re-add machines. You will have to place those machines in the proper OU (at a minimum), something you will find very difficult to do with a simple shell script.
Batch files are not the proper tool for the job. Learn to write Powershell scripts. You will have to do far more than just remove -> re-add machines. You will have to place those machines in the proper OU (at a minimum), something you will find very difficult to do with a simple shell script.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS