[SOLVED] Writing a CD game to a flash drive

GorillaMonsoon

Reputable
Feb 29, 2020
Just found my old copy of Warcraft3 and almost bought an external dvd drive just to play it but thought I should be able to just put it on a flash drive. Right? Did some googling and I don't want to install an ISO making program with bloatware, so hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. Just tried Daemon tools lite and it's way different than I remember, kind of seems like it can't be done without also paying.

Solution
Even if you put your CD in an .ISO file and install the game you won't be able to run it unless you download a crack to make the game not look for the CD when you start it or it won't work.

GorillaMonsoon

Reputable
Feb 29, 2020
Even if you put your CD in an .ISO file and install the game you won't be able to run it unless you download a crack to make the game not look for the CD when you start it or it won't work.
Yup, that happened. Turns out you can download it from Blizzard, but you have to get a Blizzard account to be able to enter the CD key. Can't believe I've been hauling this game around for 18 years, glad I did!

TRENDING THREADS