[SOLVED] Wrong bios installed. HELP !!

Feb 26, 2019
A technician installed the wrong bios and now my graphics card won't work (a Dell Inspiron 5520 bios on a 7520). I've tryed everything I could think of. When trying to install the correct one as an update I only get errors. Is there anything I can do ?

Feb 26, 2019
Was this a Dell technician or someone else? The Dell BIOS updater typically won't allow this sort of thing to occur.

Does the system boot at all? Can you access the BIOS?

Is this the update you tried to install (under BIOS)?

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15r-se-7520/drivers
He was not a Dell technician. The system boots normally, but not as fast as it used to. The bios takes ages to load, but I can access it. And yes, that's the one. I've tried every single version too.

Feb 26, 2019
When you attempt to install the proper BIOS version, what specific error(s) do you receive?
When I try to install it through the Windows tool it says my system does not support it (because it thinks it's an 5520) and when I try to do it through the dos (I thinks that's what it is), when I press y (yes) it says "unable to locate the Bios payload".

TRENDING THREADS