Question Wrong Firmware: Gigabyte GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti GAMING OC 8G (rev. 2.0)

Apr 8, 2022
My bad.. I downloaded the firmware for Gigabyte GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti GAMING OC Pro 8G and installed.

I missed the "Pro" in the title!! My card is Gigabyte GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti GAMING OC 8G (rev. 2.0)

It installed ok. And the card is working except for the Gigabyte logo does not light up and there is a white led on solid. Obviously I want to put the correct firmware on my non Pro version.

But, when I try to install the correct version the firmware errors out because current incorrect FW Version is greater than the correct firmware version. The non pro version is 1.1 and the pro version is 1.2. The installer thinks my card already has the latest version and will not 'downgrade'.

Anyone got some ideas here? Apart from me looking more carefully next time.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Seems like the RGB controller is what got knocked out and the firmware is for the RGB controller, not the GPU chip. The best advice I can give you is to contact Gigabyte and see if they can sort out your issue, since the next possible thing that can happen is that you end up with a bricked card = an expensive paperweight.

Apr 8, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Seems like the RGB controller is what got knocked out and the firmware is for the RGB controller, not the GPU chip. The best advice I can give you is to contact Gigabyte and see if they can sort out your issue, since the next possible thing that can happen is that you end up with a bricked card = an expensive paperweight.
Thanks for your reply.. I hope Gigabyte has a solution I dont really need a paperweight! Cheers.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS