[SOLVED] Wrong GPU specs showing up on PC

May 5, 2020
A few months ago I bought an ROG Strix 2070 Super ADVANCED, not the regular or the OC version.

It wasn't until recently where my PC will see that it's a 2070 Super, but just the regular Strix version, not advanced or oc.

On GPU Tweak II, it just says RTX 2070 Super instead of STRIX RTX 2070 Super

On GPUz it says that my Defualt Core is 1605 and Default Boost is 1800 but in reality it's supposed to be 1635 and 1830.

It's like my PC thinks my card is the regular 8G version

Also any reason why GPU Tweak II isn't saying STRIX?

I bought it on Newegg New, the box also says Advanced on it so I know I couldn't have gotten the wrong card

I did two DDU uninstalls and reinstalls, can anyone help?

Solution
My 1070 which was a Strix card used to say Strix Gtx 1070 on GPU tweak 2, but the name is the least of the problem right now. Would u know why my default clocks are wrong? Doesn't matter what Profile I choose, the default clocks goes to 1605 before boosting up. Apparently it's supposed to be a 1635 default clocks before boosting.
"With Pascal and Turing GPUs, the best way to think about their behavior is to take the rated clock speeds with a grain of salt. The cards will boost as far as they can before they start hitting thermal, power, or some other limit. Which they are designed to do, so if you start hitting a limiter, it's fine, because the card is designed to provide as much performance as possible."

Quoted from...
May 5, 2020
STRIX is the brand...
ASUS ROG STRIX

You have a RTX 2070 S so on your machine it will show as such. The brand or model will not.
My 1070 which was a Strix card used to say Strix Gtx 1070 on GPU tweak 2, but the name is the least of the problem right now. Would u know why my default clocks are wrong? Doesn't matter what Profile I choose, the default clocks goes to 1605 before boosting up. Apparently it's supposed to be a 1635 default clocks before boosting.

"With Pascal and Turing GPUs, the best way to think about their behavior is to take the rated clock speeds with a grain of salt. The cards will boost as far as they can before they start hitting thermal, power, or some other limit. Which they are designed to do, so if you start hitting a limiter, it's fine, because the card is designed to provide as much performance as possible."

Quoted from: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/rtx-2070-super-asus.3526583/

Solution