Question Wrong network adapter driver keeps on installing, have intel I217-V and I217-LM is installed.

Ammaz_

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
I have Intel DB85FL Motherboard with intel ethernet i217-v network adapter. I don't know how but intel ethernet i217-LM drivers were installed automatically in my computer and when ever I uninstall those drivers they come back magically once I refresh my device manager. I tried rebooting my pc as well as shutting down my pc but nothing helps. It keeps on reinstalling i217-LM drivers. That shit happened after windows update ;(

IBEpQrx.png

Does it cause you any actual issues. Intel like many other vendors has bundled the drivers for many of their nic card together into one file. If you look the driver for your card up on the intel site you will see a long list of other nic card the same driver supports. Other than likely being larger than it has to be the driver can just figure out which code to run.

In a way this is a "good?" thing it makes it simpler for people to find the correct driver. It maybe just a display issue that the driver it not showing the correct name.

You do not have much options though that is the way they distribute the driver. Maybe try a older one if it is a new bug.

Now as indicated you want to be sure to disable windows auto driver updates. Microsoft seems to be idiots sometime installing older drivers over the newest ones, I know they installed a video driver and it crashed the machine over and over and I almost had to reinstall windows.

Ammaz_

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Does it cause you any actual issues. Intel like many other vendors has bundled the drivers for many of their nic card together into one file. If you look the driver for your card up on the intel site you will see a long list of other nic card the same driver supports. Other than likely being larger than it has to be the driver can just figure out which code to run.

In a way this is a "good?" thing it makes it simpler for people to find the correct driver. It maybe just a display issue that the driver it not showing the correct name.

You do not have much options though that is the way they distribute the driver. Maybe try a older one if it is a new bug.

Now as indicated you want to be sure to disable windows auto driver updates. Microsoft seems to be idiots sometime installing older drivers over the newest ones, I know they installed a video driver and it crashed the machine over and over and I almost had to reinstall windows.
The thing is when I install drivers from Intel bundle its not detecting my adapter and it keeps on installing wrong intel i217-LM drivers. I have intel i217-v adapter ;(

Ammaz_

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Please help me Intel driver bundle is not detecting my real drivers , it keeps on installing intel i217-LM drivers. I have intel i217-V adapter.

ok try this, go to device manager and right click on the erthernet connection, right click on it, click on update driver, use browse my computer for driver, go down to let me pick a driver, scroll down to a driver for your ethernet -v and click on it, hit next and it should install. See if that helps.

Ammaz_

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
ok try this, go to device manager and right click on the erthernet connection, right click on it, click on update driver, use browse my computer for driver, go down to let me pick a driver, scroll down to a driver for your ethernet -v and click on it, hit next and it should install. See if that helps.
It shows me this
FywPNmQ.png

And when I uncheck ( Show compatible hardware ) and install intel i217-v it changes its name but drivers are not working.

Ammaz_

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Here is the problem the wrong network adapter keeps on reinstalling.

https://streamable.com/e5br0

I have tried to reinstall whole windows 10 but same driver keeps on install!!

My actual adapter is intel i217-V, But windows keeps on reinstalling I217-LM drivers ;( Please help me with this annoying problem guys.

Last edited:
Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM - is the correct driver for your hardware.

This is Device id string from Device Manager:
VEN_8086&DEV_153A&SUBSYS_20528086&REV_04

This is info from driver.inf file (e1d64x64.inf):
%E153ANC.DeviceDesc% = E153A.6.3.1, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_153A
E153ANC
.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM"

I have no idea, why you think i217-V would be the correct one.

Ammaz_

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM - is the correct driver for your hardware.

This is Device id string from Device Manager:
VEN_8086&DEV_153A&SUBSYS_20528086&REV_04

This is info from driver.inf file (e1d64x64.inf):
%E153ANC.DeviceDesc% = E153A.6.3.1, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_153A
E153ANC
.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM"

I have no idea, why you think i217-V would be the correct one.
Because i am using this pc for over 5 years and whenever i installed new windows or went to device manager i saw intel i217 -v drivers. Plus if that's the case why my internet is not working. Yesterday I experienced the same problem and i uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and i saw 2 drivers installed for the same adapter. ( I217-v and i217-Lm ) simultaneously and today when i uninstalled all the drivers to install a fresh copy its not detecting my real adapter instead it keeps installing the wrong drivers for it.

Last edited: