wrong printer on boot up

jake

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001

Hi, I have a lexmark z35 printer hooked up which works
fine. Each time I reboot I get "new hardware installed"
wizard. Even if I uninstall and unhook this printer, I
still get "new hardware installed" I suspect there is a
problem with the registry as I bought this PC from a
friend who had a Lexmark z25 hooked up.

If you installed windows XP recently, the old windows 98
drivers may still be there. You have to find them and
delete them.

Uninstall and reinstall...

www.coribright.com