antonis mark

Prominent
Jan 21, 2021
I have installed windows 10 via a (homemade) bootable drive both computers have windows 10 pro
BUT I have found something weird...
when I run winver.I found out that my old PC has versions build 2004 while my newer PC has build 20H2
did I installed wrong versions of windows ??! will I experience compatibility issues with programs and games?
by the windows, copies are enabled: both operating systems (old and new computer) are enabled with a digital license from Microsoft account
and also both are updated via windows update

Solution
The 2004 is just missing the latest upgrade. No issues at all. Still Windows 10.
Upgrade it to 20H2 when you get around to it.

antonis mark

Prominent
Jan 21, 2021
I just discovered that just like in Minecraft this is a "snapshot" versions of windows (beta build) and it is slightly newer .lets hope that it will work with my apps, I just picked your answer anyway

USAFRet

Titan
I just discovered that just like in Minecraft this is a "snapshot" versions of windows (beta build) and it is slightly newer .lets hope that it will work with my apps, I just picked your answer anyway
Win 10 gets a major update every 6 months or so. Renamed as appropriate.

1809 (Sept 2018)
1903 (Mar 2019)
1909 (Sep 2019)
2004 (April 2020)
20H2 (second half of 2020)
and on and on.

If you install with an old USB you have laying around made with whatever version it was at the time...that is what will get installed.