WRT120N: after factory reset, default password still not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Templeton_57

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016
TRIED TO RESET TO DEFAULT MY LINKSYS WRT120N TO ACCESS TO THE WEB CONFIG PAGE (192.168.1.1) WITH THE BLANK/ADMIN USER/PWD COMBINATION. AFTER RESETTING, STILL NOT WORKING.
IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO CHECK IF THE ROUTER IS RESETED CORRECTLY?

Solution
Try a 30/30/30 (aka hard) reset:

Hold the reset button with the power on, for 30 seconds, then while continuing to hold the reset button, unplug the Linksys router, continuing to hold the reset button for 30 seconds, and while still holding it in, plug in the power again and keep holding the reset button for an additional 30 seconds.

Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to actually clear the nvram, but if anything will work it is this routine.

RealBeast

Titan
Try a 30/30/30 (aka hard) reset:

Hold the reset button with the power on, for 30 seconds, then while continuing to hold the reset button, unplug the Linksys router, continuing to hold the reset button for 30 seconds, and while still holding it in, plug in the power again and keep holding the reset button for an additional 30 seconds.

Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to actually clear the nvram, but if anything will work it is this routine.

Solution
Jun 25, 2018
I tried factory reset and firmware update from "tiny boot" a bunch of times until I discover that there is one thing that Cisco (as well as all the sites that I found these same solutions) forgot to say that for an unknown reason, we can't log on WRT120N using Firefox or Explorer.
At least, you can log on WRT120N only using Chrome or Chromium.

Status
Not open for further replies.