WS-E 10g problem : won't boot, show e5 and no displays

Tonytigerftw

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
■ Well I've recorded a video last night before being so tired and drained out to sleep
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gveejs-ziEQ

Short summary, the motherboard only shows e5, no peripherals like mouse isn't getting powered on, the psi seems to be working..... I literally don't know ted to do and what is going on.... I'm new to building btw..

Edit - On second thought I think it might be the psu, just now the motherboard just got restarted by itself and heard a click from the psu, maybe a circuit got hit or something?

Edit2 - OK never mind I got it to boot up to the UEFI bios, the problem was the ram sticks was in the wrong ram slot, but why is that an issue? And will the other ram slot not be useable anymore?

Tonytigerftw

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
As scary as that might be, you may be right that it might be defective because I inserted a hard drive with no os, it detects it but it shows on my screen

'Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key'

Also as the previous problem I have, will the other ram slots still work?

Tonytigerftw

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
Well the motherboard has 8 slots I don't have manuals cuz I bought this off from ebay, but I installed the 3rd slot on the left side of the motherboard, it worked and booted up. I previously got it installed on 4th slot on the left, right next from the one I have installed now, and it didn't boot and I think you said it shows '53', also before that I had install 4 ram on all 4 slots on the right side of motherboard ram slot and it boots up but after a while it went on leading to the problem of it not booting up so here we are with one slot ram only now. And I'm off to buy a hard drive now..... Also why isn't it showing red lights now from the motherboard, everything is work is working and showing on screen fine but the number thing where it showed 53 is just nothing there, no power.... should I worry?