[WTB] Amd Video Cards, r9 280(x), r9 270(x), r9 290(x) etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodwell

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014
I recently bought a msi r9 280x on Craigslist, he told me about some problems he was having with it, but i bought it anyways. It turns out the amd crimson drivers set the fan to 20% and killed some of the memory chips (that's what i'm thinking happened..) I rma'd it a few days ago and will have to pay 55+$ for out of warranty replacement.. (thanks amd for your wonderful buggy drivers.) anyhow, I'm looking to buy a extra card to use in the mean time since it can take a while to get a replacement. If you have a spare card you are looking to sell, I would be glad to take that off your hands :)

Solution
I have an MSI 7870 GHz edition which is essentially the same as the 270x I believe. I have the original box for it as well. It's just sitting in the box right now since I upgraded to an R9 390. [sold]

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
What problems did the sell say the card had? I know for a fact that huge batches of 280X cards were shipped with bad VRAM... that's why that is the only card I don't recommend anyone to buy used.

Brodwell

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014
I had a 7950 that a vram chip went bad. so I sold it and bought a nvidia card for that pc. I might sell the r9 280x once i get a replacement. i would love a bigger r9 290 if anyone has one they want to part with.

Comradskii

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
I have an R9 280X that I have had for about a year, never had any problems with it, never overclocked, and I have the original packaging. Message me for more info if your are interested.

Mitchellblu3

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015
I have an MSI 7870 GHz edition which is essentially the same as the 270x I believe. I have the original box for it as well. It's just sitting in the box right now since I upgraded to an R9 390. [sold]

Solution

Wait, the guy said there was issues with it before you bought it. You took the risk buying it second hand knowing full well there was no warranty and issues were likely. The blame is on you, not AMD. Even more, you are assuming that AMD drivers did it without any proof. It's impossible to get those bugged drivers anymore and they were only available for a day or two, not anytime recently.

jziegler6

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
I have a Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB card that works great, was barely used and I would be happy to part with. Mod edit: Don't post your email in an open, international forum. Use the PM function.

Brodwell

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014

The seller told me everything was working fine until he updated to windows 10 and crimson drivers a few months ago around the time those drivers where on amd's website. 2 of the ram chips on a r9280x are exposed with no heat sink and can get fried if they get too hot. so there was a "chance" that happened. Just as a fyi this "risk" paid off big time. I got a r9 390x from Msi for free off a voided warranty! So you don't need be going around stating the obvious. lol

It's not free if you had to pay a guy to get it (that's why he's called a seller), you had to pay to ship it to MSI, and you had to pay for them to repair it. This is aside from the time cost as well.

And since when is this a 390x? In your original post you stated it was a MSI R9 280x? I'd hope it's a 390x because with all those extra shipping and repair costs a 280x wouldn't really be worth it.

Brodwell

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014
MSI picked up the tab on the out of worrenty fee. Not really sure why. But they did. So I paid a total of $108 for the r9 390x. Big deal.....

Wow, nice! I've had to return card to both Sapphire and Gigabyte of both of them have terrible customer service. Gigabyte will just return you a broken card and won't notify you of any updates until a month later when the same broken card you sent in is back on your doorstep. Sapphire will at least repair your card but they won't do it for free. Let it be known that if you buy a video card from your friends, sapphire will not repair the card even if it's brand new.

Yeah, I currently have a Sapphire R9 290x OC edition with the Stilt modified bios. Card doesn't go over 70c after a 3 hour FurMark stress test, which is known for creating allot of heat. I used to have a 390x bios on the card but didn't like the voltages plus that don't have the same custom bios for the 300 series cards. It's pretty awesome how silent and cool the Stilt bios lets the card run.

Brodwell

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014
I might sell the 390x. Not sure yet haha. But I'm not complaining about free upgrade and repair. I'm still to this day will buy MSI products when ever I can. Well mods can close.

Yeah, think I may make my next card MSI just because I haven't received good support from any other manufacturer. No incentive to stay with the other guys so might as well try someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS