WTB GTX 680 reference cooler/shroud

El Tigre

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Hello everyone, I recently purchased a EVGA GTX 680 04g-p4-2686-kr 4GB on Craigslist for $25. The card did not come with the factory shroud because the previous owner sold it long ago since he had this card underwater. He sold the waterblock, so I'm stuck with purchasing the shroud. I'm asking anyone that has a spare shroud to sell it for a good price as I'm running an air cooled rig and want to SLI this card alongside my EVGA GTX 680 FTW+ 4GB as this card is also 4GB too. I have swapped the heatsink from my working 680 FTW and this card seems to work good. Apparently, the previous owner thought the card was no good. I tested it with multiple runs of Heaven and 3DMark 11 and let it run for a few hours. The clocks on the card are the factory clocks in this test as I only mounted the heatsink and Jerry rigged 2 tiny fans to blow through it. At idle, the temps are about 35 degrees Celsius and never went beyond 80 when pushed. So far, the card works great and I am currently testing on games and it's stable so far. If anyone has a spare reference design, I'll buy it, I would like this models specifically but any brand reference style shroud works. I'm happy with my $25 purchase of a 680 so far, lol

The card did also came with a backplate too. So I only need the shroud/fan assembly. I would be grateful if anyone can provide an EVGA branded shroud for this card because I also registered it with EVGA. It would be nice to be able to RMA it as it has about a year or two left on the warranty from today and I would need an EVGA shroud to be able to return the card.

Here are a few pics to see my Jerry rigged fans in action.
20140806_185648_zps54a89747.jpg

20140806_185703_zpsce73467b.jpg

Here is the original ad on Craigslist. :)

Screenshot_2014-08-06-18-56-08_zpsdfed0ced.png

Solution
Sorry to post this late, but I found a seller that sells many types of coolers, all mostly new too and he's legit too as I was able to purchase the exact matching cooler that came with the card I posted in my OP. This is just to help others that need them or simply want to swap ugly coolers for the sexy reference Titan looking coolers for the 7XX series cards and such. This guy has many for even AMD cards like the 7970 for example and much more. I paid only $40 and shipping was free for me because I'm a UPS employee, so I think $40 for a almost brand new shroud is a good deal, even though the listing is over, you can send this guy a message within Ebay and that's how I was able to buy my cooler that I needed, I even bought another...

imsurgical

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
Might just have to make an inquiry with EVGA support to see if they can sell you one if no one has one for sale on here?

Just a suggestion, hope it all works out!

sylas

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
I've seen specifically MSI shrouds sold on a japanese website. Not what you're looking for, but maybe it will point you in the right direction http://www.eteknix.com/msi-sell-their-twin-frozr-ii-cooler-separately-in-japan/

El Tigre

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Sorry to post this late, but I found a seller that sells many types of coolers, all mostly new too and he's legit too as I was able to purchase the exact matching cooler that came with the card I posted in my OP. This is just to help others that need them or simply want to swap ugly coolers for the sexy reference Titan looking coolers for the 7XX series cards and such. This guy has many for even AMD cards like the 7970 for example and much more. I paid only $40 and shipping was free for me because I'm a UPS employee, so I think $40 for a almost brand new shroud is a good deal, even though the listing is over, you can send this guy a message within Ebay and that's how I was able to buy my cooler that I needed, I even bought another cooler just to replace the bad fan on my EVGA GTX 680 FTW+ 4GB instead of having to RMA the card that works good otherwise.

Here is the link to the listing, note that it's over for that particular listing, just simply send the seller a message with what you need and he will sell you what you need for a fair price in my opinion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-LOT-OF-40-VGA-COOLERS-NVIDIA-AMD-BUY-ONE-OR-ALL-EXCLNT-COND-UNUSED-/191327415539?ViewItem=&item=191327415539&nma=true&si=HrpdYqoGBJKnmt1dwITh3dajsWU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Solution