WTB: pieces for D&D Shadow over Mystara and D&D Tower of D..

Hello,

Does anyone have any overlays, graphics, marquee, operator manual,
intact cabinet, hardware, etc... for either of these games?

Thanks,
Chris

Please reply to chris AT heroicadventure DOT com
My reply-to address goes straight to the spambucket.

I've been collecting everything that has to do with both games, and
i've found that there really is no cpo, or sideart for this game that i
know of. The only thing i'm missing is an uncut Shadow over Mystara
marquee. Seems to be the hardest thing to find.

Mike

Yeah, I've seen that overlay on alot of the machines but wasn't sure if
that was the normal overlay for that game. btw.....what cabinet is
your game in?

Mike
--
http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

I don't know what it was originally. This is how I bought it at an
auction back in 12/02. My marquee is wider but shorter than the one
pictured on KLOV, and I have two separate 2 slot over/under coin doors
instead of the one big 4 slot coin door on KLOV.

DarkMagister wrote:
> I've been collecting everything that has to do with both games, and
> i've found that there really is no cpo, or sideart for this game that i
> know of. The only thing i'm missing is an uncut Shadow over Mystara
> marquee. Seems to be the hardest thing to find.
>
> Mike

That's a shame. I was hoping to put together a really slick looking pair.

Hey I'm assuming you have both games... so tell me, what's all this
about a suicide chip? It's my understanding that if I buy the game it's
gonna die in a few years, or might be already? (I'm new to this so
please bear with me)

DarkMagister wrote:
> Yeah, I've seen that overlay on alot of the machines but wasn't sure if
> that was the normal overlay for that game. btw.....what cabinet is
> your game in?
>
> Mike
> --
> http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

If you were asking me, it isn't. I don't have the game yet... (If you
weren't talking to me, I apologize)

C.

The battery thing is something Capcom does to most of if not all their
boards to soak ya for more money i guess. You can replace the battery
yourself as long as you replace it before it dies. How do you know
when its going to die? You don't...thats the trouble, there are no
signs of when it will happen. Can't think of the site addy off hand,
but if you go to my site www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/ go to PCB
Repair and then go to Capcom Shock, they give you step by step on how
to replce the battery. If you let the battery die on you, you'll have
to send it into capcom to fix it.($50+s/h)

Some of the stuff for these games are a pain to find. And the boards
are kinda pricey. I was lucky one time to find an uncut tower of doom
marquee a few years ago and haven't seen one this good on ebay since.
Just wish i could get lucky enough to find a shadow over mystara one
just like it.

Mike

The suicide battery powers a chip that decrypts the game code (or
something like that) and when the battery dies, that chip dies and so
the game won't work. Replacing the battery before it dies lets you
prolong its life. If it does die thought, just putting in a new
battery won't fix it - you'll have to send it off to Capcom to get them
to revive it.

Replacing the Suicide Battery takes about 5 minutes. You need a new
battery, a set of Security Torx bits, and a soldering iron. Open the
board up, unsolder the old battery, put they new one in, and your
board's good to go for another 5+ years (as DarkMagister mentioned, the
directions with pictures are found here:
http://cps2shock.retrogames.com/suicide.html )

If you get another JAMMA cabinet it shouldn't be too hard to set up
these games. It won't be a straight plug and play, since it has the
extra controls for the 3rd and 4th player controls, and the 4th button
for players 1 & 2, and you may have to wire up that extra harness.

mo

Mike,

Have you had that uncut marquee vectorized? If not, please consider
doing it so that one day we can reproductions made that are exact.
Some of this art is getting impossible to find now. Mo

Not sure what you mean by vectorizing?

Mike

Thanks for the link, i'll have to take a look at it when i get the
time. I don't think the marquee is rare, just never seen one in as
good of shape as the one i have.

Mike

mo

That's exactly the reason to do it. If yours is in the best shape and
hasn't been cut, that is extra artwork that can be added to the data
base. As I recall, that game was really cool too.

The game is cool, but Shadow Over Mystara is way better. More magic,
lots of magical weapons, and more classes to play. Just a damn shame
they only made two games. The one thing i loved about the first game
is the Red Dragon in the mountain. Good thing i own the game, cuz it
takes about $4 in quarters to beat that bastard. But hes damn cool
looking.

Mike