WTB Water Cooling Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to do a custom water cooling loop for my cpu and if i can find the gpu block both. I already have G1/4 3/8 ID, 1/2 OD fittings. Looking for used or new a 240/280mm rad, and/or 360mm rad. Case is an Air 540 so one of each, and cpu block needs to be AMD, would like to be universal if i change to intel, a reservoir, a bay res will not work as i am using the optical drive bays, and a pump, preferably a D5 vario. So pretty much everything other than the fittings. Also if anyone has one they want to sell a ASUS DCUII 7970 gpu block.

If you have any of these either laying around or want to sell post what you have or pm

whaletail

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
Not sure if you're still interested, as it's been over a week since your post, but I'm selling a few of the items on your WTB list.

I have the following:

- XSPC AX240 radiator (Unopened, bought from Performance PC last fall, but never used)

- XSPC Raystorm CPU block (Opened but never used, also from PPC, and I'll have to make sure I still have the AMD bracket as I needed the Intel 1155 bracket for my build that never was)

- XSPC Photon 270 glass/acetal tube reservoir (from PPC, opened to verify glass was uncracked, but unused and never mounted)

- XSPC D5 Vario + Bitspower D5 mod kit (from PPC, mod kit has been added to pump, but otherwise never used, nor mounted, identical build to PPC Über 655 custom pump, but without the Koolance PCB they use for pump software management)

I have plenty more WC parts as my build was never realized, but the above parts appear to match your list.

If you're looking for budget gear, my stuff may not meet your needs. Although I'm certainly not looking to sell my parts for retail, I'm not desperate to sell immediately.

That said, although the parts won't be cheap compared to budget gear, they'll be an incredible deal compared to buying retail.

Sorry for the lengthy response, but if you're interested in any of my gear let me know in your reply.

Thanks,

Henk

whaletail

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013

I tried desperately to buy an H220x in the states last year (after they'd voluntarily pulled it from the NA market), but I'm glad it's now available. I remember it tested incredibly well.

The Photon 270 is a large tube res, and definitely won't fit in every case. If you're interested, check it out on the XSPC website (www.xs-pc.com/reservoirs/photon-270-tube-reservoir), but its dimensions are 270 x 75 x 75 (mm).

The pump is a bare D5 Vario (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_201&products_id=35560), to which I added the Bitspower D5 Mod Kit (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_439_773&products_id=27891). I basically made the PPC Über 655 (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_201&products_id=29094), without the Koolance CTR-SPD1224 control board.

IMO, the pump is awesome looking, and the Bitspower mod kit can be removed in two minutes, although the bare D5 needs a top of some sort to function.

You can compare my pump to a normal D5 Vario (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_201&products_id=28303). The standard top (houses the in-flow and out-flow ports) is made from cheap plastic, and IMO, pretty ugly, and the Bitspower mod kit is all aluminum, and not very expensive.

BTW, in case you're confused, the Swiftech MCP655 I linked is a D5 (and XSPC doesn't sell a D5 with the cheap plastic top, probably because it's ugly). It took me forever to finally realize that a Chinese company, Laing, makes the actual D5 (and DDC), and sells it as an aquarium motor. Swiftech, Aquacomputer, XSPC and many other WC companies simply buy their D5s and DDCs from Laing, and then rename them (only XSPC, I think, continues calling them D5 and DDC).

It was months before I realized all these companies were selling the same pumps, and I felt stupid for spending so much time trying to decide between the Swiftech MCP655 and XSPCs D5 Vario, not realizing they were the same exact pump (and the Swiftech MCP35 is actually a Laing DDC, just like the XSPC DDC).

In any case, let me know if you're interested in either component.

Henk

Yeah it took my a bit to realize that the D5s were rebranded by swiftech, alphacool etc. The H220x is actually available in the US, it uses a Swiftech Apogee XL block and res/pump combo attached to the radiator, so there is currently everything needed to expand other than more fluid and another rad and gpu block. But if i expand id rather use the D5 for its quality and speed control, just need to figure out if i can bypass the pump/res combo on the H220x lol. So short of knowing that Id would surely be happy to consider your pump and res if it fits lol

whaletail

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013

I think it was Asetek that demanded Swiftech stop selling the H220x in NA last year (not sure if it was patent related, but Asetek apparently makes all the AOI liquid coolers and I think Corsair etc. just rebrands them, but they may do more than that). The fact that Swiftech uses its own tech must be why the H220x tested so much better than every other AOI. Also explains why Asetek would want to shut them down, especially in NA.

Whatever the case, it's great that the H220x is available in the states. Last year, I couldn't even get any UK companies to ship an H220x to me.

Anyway, let me know (theoldhenk@gmail.com) if the H220x res and pump can be disabled/circumvented. I doubt very much the pump will sell in the immediate future, as I haven't even listed it anywhere.

Henk

Status
Not open for further replies.