[SOLVED] Wtf is up with my PC

krazypasta

Prominent
Feb 21, 2019
So basically, here’s my story. I didn’t do enough research on parts and made this pc 4 weeks ago:

Amd Ryzen 5 2400g with Vega 11 graphics Msi B450 pro m2 1x8gb team tforce Vulcan 2400mhz Corsair cx450 power supply Western digital 500gb hard drive form 2010

I installed my drivers, and still got really shitty performance so I did some research and found out that it was because of only having 1x8gb of ram not in dual channel, so now I bought an identical stick of ram to find out that i was again, getting god awful performance.

Is there any way to fix this?

Solution
You have to double check that it actually runs in dual channel. The mere fact that you installed a second identical stick does not guarantee that. Check what CPU-Z says.

Also, you did not tell us what your expectations are. What games are you playing, at what resolution and details, and how many FPS do you expect? See, this integrated graphics is very good for integrated, but still nowhere near a good discrete GPU, as it is only good for up to 1080p at low(ish) settings, and even then it will struggle with some very demanding games.

P.S. If possible, get an SSD. Not directly related to you issue, but no rig in 2019 should be without one.
You have to double check that it actually runs in dual channel. The mere fact that you installed a second identical stick does not guarantee that. Check what CPU-Z says.

Also, you did not tell us what your expectations are. What games are you playing, at what resolution and details, and how many FPS do you expect? See, this integrated graphics is very good for integrated, but still nowhere near a good discrete GPU, as it is only good for up to 1080p at low(ish) settings, and even then it will struggle with some very demanding games.

P.S. If possible, get an SSD. Not directly related to you issue, but no rig in 2019 should be without one.

Solution