wtf nvidia nforce7 designed with AMD in mind?

seezur

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
Makes sense, AMD is trying to gain market share in the enthusiast chipset market, so to prevent that nvidia will try to create a product that is alot better than what AMD can create for its own CPU's. That way nvidia still makes money off AMD users. It is just nvidia trying to stay ahead of the compitition which they have been doing a great job of lately.

Emperor36

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2007
If this is true..... witch it will happen then I'm silent till there is the release of the phenom and there is a bench against Intel's penron. In my opinion we need to see benchmarks on both sides of the table. But that's cool, 7 series chip sets :sol: they will prob make it for Intel as well ( in regards of AMD chip ).. that site was posted on june 1st, 07

tgstyle

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
This makes perfect sense. It is like asking why does nvidia make chipsets for Intel? Why would nvidia miss out on an opportunity to make money? Thats what it ultimately boils down to. Didn't nvidia get their start on chipsets with AMD in the first place? They dont make processors but they make good graphics cards so why not build your own platform to take advantage of that?

I'm surpirsed this article didn't get posted in these forums before, especially considering the article is dated June 1, 2007!

This is good news for AMD! Glad to know they've got a nVidia onboard with a Phenom class chipset. Good to know that mobos will be available with the new procs. The preliminary specs sound good. Although I would like to see more PCIe X4 slots and lanes rather than multiple PCIe x1 lanes. Very few devices actually use PCIe x1. The article didn't mention anything about HyperTransport 3.0 tho...

I look forward to seeing what the mobo makers put together with this chipset.