Wusy recommends an Asus...hell hath freezeth over!!!!

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
For AMD DFI is the way to go.. for Intel it's definatly Asus.

I'm unsure I know who this wussy is but it seems he's well known here. I suppose he could enlighten us regarding why he disproves of Asus AMD boards.

I find Asus AMD boards to lack stability, overclocking prowess and overall functions that meet day to day tasks. I've had many Asus AMD boards report the wrong CPU temp and even report absurd temperatures (like 15C on air cooling or 78C on air cooling). I don't trust them.

For Intel processors, however, they don't get any better then Asus boards.

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
Sorry ya'll i was out of town. He has a sticky up, with those recommended intel asus boards. =)

There is a link to it above, second or third post...

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
Heh. ;)

Yea my dfi and epox boards both overclock pretty well...The dfi is a bitch though. I should have gone with the -d version instead of the expert...This thing has more issues then Courtney Love.

So far...i've used 5 different kinds of ram in it, and i've had 1 set that booted on auto. Every other pair i've had to go to one stick, then guestimate what settings it needed to be on...And moving to my 3800 on that dfi about killed me...None of my previous settings worked...not even close. So irritating.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I dont normally like ASUS board, but after my DFI fried on me I decided to get the ASUS AN8-E motherboad cause it was relativly cheap at $90 and I love this board, I was able to get my 3700+ Sandy to 2.86ghz 12 hours prime stable and my 3800+ X2 to 2.60ghz stable both on air cooling, I just dont like the temps that I get on those setting, so I run mine at 2.4ghz (9.5x252.6) with a 4x HTT speed so I have 2400mhz with HTT speed of 1010mhz (2020mhz HTT) and my ram runs right at 400mhz with my 333mhz divider and 2-3-2-5 timings which I had a hard time getting my DFI stable at I usually had to run 2.5-3-2-5 timings at 400mhz. So I dont see why so many people have problems with the ASUS AMD boards! (maybe I just got lucky and got a good one?)

Best,

3Ball

Sedako

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Hey Wusy, I noticed you didn't include the thermalright si-128 in the recommended heatsinks in your C2D OC guide. Any particular reason? It's what i'll be using as soon as my mobo arrives.