Question WV-CW864A CCTV camera

Ksingh707

Commendable
Sep 5, 2021
  1. Hello to anyone reading this. For a while I could not get the right solution for the power connectivity for this camera but finally I have it connected to the right power source and connected to my monitor.
  2. Every time I power on the camera itself the camera in the dome starts making a repetitive glitchy movement. The screen on the monitor flickers. There is no clear video showing.
  3. I do not have this connected to a switch or any joystick controller.
  4. I have a power source that is 24 V AC, which is what is recommended in the manual.
  5. I have tried to contact Panasonic and their customer service is not the good at all.
  6. If anyone has any information on this I would really appreciate it. Thank you

Ralston18

Titan
So you are making a direct connection as follows (my line diagram):

Camera (WV-CW864A) Video output connector ---- bnc plug ------>[bnc port] converter [vga port] ----- VGA cable -----> [VGA port] Monitor

Make and model monitor?

Feel free to edit and correct my line diagram as necessary.

Converter being something like:

Amazon BNC to VGA converter link

Do you have any Panasonic documentation or other references that support the use of a bnc to vga converter?

Link(s)?

Diagrams, pinouts?

Wondering if there is some proprietary connection being used by Panasonic that, in turn, requires the use of one of their products.

Ksingh707

Commendable
Sep 5, 2021
yes the line diagram you have is correct, and that is the exact same bnc to vga convertor I am using currently. The bnc to vga does work because I have tried it on multiple cameras from different companies such as Sony and Bosch.

Ksingh707

Commendable
Sep 5, 2021
So you are making a direct connection as follows (my line diagram):

Camera (WV-CW864A) Video output connector ---- bnc plug ------>[bnc port] converter [vga port] ----- VGA cable -----> [VGA port] Monitor

Make and model monitor?

Feel free to edit and correct my line diagram as necessary.

Converter being something like:

Amazon BNC to VGA converter link

Do you have any Panasonic documentation or other references that support the use of a bnc to vga converter?

Link(s)?

Diagrams, pinouts?

Wondering if there is some proprietary connection being used by Panasonic that, in turn, requires the use of one of their products.
https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ve/MLV-559592158-monitor-aoc-992sw2-185-pulgadas-_JM

Ralston18

Titan
You will need to independently determine if each component (camera, adapter, monitor) will work in some other known working environment.

The easiest to test, for example, would be the monitor.

My thought is that the camera may not be fully functional unless some or all of the connectors are connected - and possibly only to a Panasonic device (proprietary).

You might be able to test the adapter but you will need the technical specs for the camera's bnc connector (pinouts) and then be able to measure the output(s) on the VGA side. Two problems there: 1) again camera may not really work without all connectors in use, and 2) very unlikely that Panasonic would provide you with the necessary output specifications.

Are you able to return the camera for a replacement? Your concept may be completely correct and the camera is simply bad.

Reactions: Ksingh707

Ksingh707

Commendable
Sep 5, 2021
I can not return it for a replacement, every time I contact panasonic tech support, the automated machine on the phone tells me to go the support page on the website and it just hangs up on me. Im sure the camera is defective but I want to see if anything can be done. Thanks for the information though I appreciate it.