Wwait until 2070 or buy 1070 ? nvidia

Solution
I don't think you'll get much more for your 1060 than you could get now, so if you're going to sell it I'd sell it now. Then just use integrated graphics until you see what your options are in the future.

The risk is that even after new cards are released, prices are still high and supplies are still low. So you might be waiting for a long time for something better than your 1060.
I would wait for 2070. By then we should have neural implants that allow us to use our brain's capabilities for powering games and not even need a GPU card at all.

Yes, that is a joke.

Honestly though, it's pretty hard to answer your question without some kind of outline regarding your expectations, games, resolution, settings, number of monitors and whether you are multi-tasking with streaming or encoding apps simultaneously. At this point I don't think I'd recommend that anybody buy a 1070, unless you come across a great deal on one or truly need it now when prices on both the 2070 and the 1070 are likely to be lower once that gen of cards hits the market. So regardless of WHICH card you end up going with, prices are likely to be significantly lower after the release of the newer gen because there will be more overall supply in the market.

patriciogregorio

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

ty both, but should i sell the 1060 now or after? idk if the price is going down after the release of 2070

patriciogregorio

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

i dont ccarer using the integrated one if i am going to make more profit selling it now

I don't think you'll get much more for your 1060 than you could get now, so if you're going to sell it I'd sell it now. Then just use integrated graphics until you see what your options are in the future.

The risk is that even after new cards are released, prices are still high and supplies are still low. So you might be waiting for a long time for something better than your 1060.

Solution

patriciogregorio

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

ty i think i am selling it now