[SOLVED] Wwhat could be causing my pc not to turn on

Oct 22, 2020
So I built my first pc with someone who I believe is knowledgeable with PCs. We got it finished and the psu didn’t come with the power cable so I used one from an old monitor. My motherboard has power as the led is coming on, but when I go to power on nothing happens. No fans or lights come on.I reseated almost everything swapped ram around. I tried to jumper the power switch on the mother board to see if it was my case but nothing happened still. I then jumper my psu as the led lights weren’t turning on and with jumping the pins the lights and fan came on. I tried to boot it with my gpu still nothing. I pulled out the little battery and reset the bios still nothing.

Specs:
|CPU|Ryzen 9 3900XT
|Motherboard|ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi 6)
|GPU 1|ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
|RAM 1|(2x16GB) G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600
|Storage 1|WD Blue SN550 1TB
|PSU|GameMax RGB-850-Rainbow
|Case|ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601
|CPU Cooler|Cooler Master MasterLiquid LC240E RGB

Solution
double check that all of the components are plugged into the mother board - ie the fan for your cpu

do you have an old pc laying around
if you do, try interchanging what ever parts you can - if it starts up with another gpu (for expample) then that's your problem

Ralston18

Titan
Find another known working power cable. Would not necessarily expect a problem with an old monitor cable but a different cable would be the immediate thing to try.

Do you hear any beeps or see any debug LEDs?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ING/E16609_ROG_STRIX_B550-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf

Reference physically numbered Page 1 -21, QLEDs

[Do verify that I correct matched manual to your motherboard.]

Next step: power down, unplug, open the case.

Double check that all cables, cards, RAM, and jumpers are indeed fully and firmly in place. Check by sight and feel.

No one wants to force connections, etc. on a new build but sometime what seems to be in place is not.

Use the above linked motherboard's User Guide/Manual along with the applicable documentation for the installed components. Review your assembly and configuration settings.

Oct 22, 2020
I haven’t swapped the cable yet as I don’t have another spare, but I’m not getting any debug lights nor is there any beeps. I verified everything was connected and still nothing

Balefire

Reputable
Oct 18, 2020
double check that all of the components are plugged into the mother board - ie the fan for your cpu

do you have an old pc laying around
if you do, try interchanging what ever parts you can - if it starts up with another gpu (for expample) then that's your problem

Solution