www.CRUCIAL.com is the best memory find site!

PC_Side_Line

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
I've been using it for years and they have the best shipping too, always protecting the memory from bends and static.

They have a list of EVERY motherboard too!

I

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
The post reads a bit like spam;

Crucial is good for someone who has no idea what to get, but their prices are higher than equivalent memory from Newegg et al, and in some cases the information they provide is wrong (incomplete).

For example, want to upgrade the memory in an old Dell or Gateway sysem with a 440BX board in it? According to Crucial, you can't fit more than 128MB per slot. According to reality, 256MB per slot. IOW, take their suggestions with a grain of salt, they don't base their recommendations on the technical abilities of the board chipset which is the correct procedure, or on bios limitations which matters too, only by a very incomplete initial manufacturing spec for a board (which is the most limiting way possible). If this issue was aabout new boards I could grant a little margin for error, but perpetuating the same mistakes for years on some of the most common systems sold and in use over the past 7 years? I know several people (non-enthusiasts) who still run a BX board for something or other.

aBg_rOnGak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
You seems to do a lot of internet searching (mem. ,rogue sites etc...). Very goof of you..Too bad Crucial ram are not so common down here. One of the best that we can have is Kingston's HyperX :evil:

aBg_rOnGak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Come on man, don't forget there's always enthusiast but with less money than you and some others have, but that doesn't mean they can't game/OC or whatever you guys do, except to a lower level considering their lack of technical skill level/ amount of money/ hardware availability

Mondoman

Splendid
aBg, in that case they should stay away from the Crucial web site, because the memory there is more expensive than from other vendors. :wink:

Their good points are that they have good customer service, and that if you buy a module that they recommend for your system, they will guarantee it to work in that system. Crucial memory also has a good quality rep. Thus, if you're willing to pay a premium price to "let the company deal with the memory issue/problem", Crucial IS a good choice.

Apoc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
The post reads a bit like spam;

Crucial is good for someone who has no idea what to get, but their prices are higher than equivalent memory from Newegg et al, and in some cases the information they provide is wrong (incomplete).

For example, want to upgrade the memory in an old Dell or Gateway sysem with a 440BX board in it? According to Crucial, you can't fit more than 128MB per slot. According to reality, 256MB per slot. IOW, take their suggestions with a grain of salt, they don't base their recommendations on the technical abilities of the board chipset which is the correct procedure, or on bios limitations which matters too, only by a very incomplete initial manufacturing spec for a board (which is the most limiting way possible). If this issue was aabout new boards I could grant a little margin for error, but perpetuating the same mistakes for years on some of the most common systems sold and in use over the past 7 years? I know several people (non-enthusiasts) who still run a BX board for something or other.

AMEN!! Ban the Crucial employee from the boards.

aBg_rOnGak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Online trade are not widely accepted, yet here in my place....I just surf these oversea websites for research 8) ...BTW, compared to US or EU, I think price here is comparable to Canada :( (I remembered several Canadian posted about the price they have to pay for PC related stuffs, so when I convert them ro RM, well, they're almost the same)

StevieD

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
I've been using it for years and they have the best shipping too, always protecting the memory from bends and static.

They have a list of EVERY motherboard too!

I gotta wonder who signs your weekly paychecks.

Seriously, this post reads as if you are an employee of the company.

Just remember, trolling for business is not very ethical.

PC_Side_Line

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
I'm tired of u ppl telling me i'm a scammer....why dont all U POSERS look at my posts objectively...some say scam, some say in the business.

i'm trying to help out everyone.

now if u goto any MEMoRY site, it doesnt matter the price, at least u get some great info from it if you dont know your orig memory, then u can use that info on other site

and who signs my paychex? wouldnt u like to know!...poser

I been in my own business fer 20 yrs

Mondoman

Splendid
...why dont all U POSERS look at my posts objectively......
When you say it's the "best memory find site" and has the "best shipping", without giving any reasons behind your opinions, it's hard not to suspect either newbie over-enthusiasm or perhaps a financial motive.
It's certainly a good site, but not obviously the best IMHO.