www.PriceWatch.com re-orders CPU section

Sojourn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
PriceWatch.com has put AMD CPUs at the top of the CPU list. It would be interesting to see the hit counters for the various clock speeds and CPU types that prompted this change.

/Athlon-1.2GHz@1370MHz(137MHz*10)/Asus_A7V133/

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
I don't know when you last visited that website, but it has been that way for quite a long time now. I'm not quite sure what prompted the change long ago. It appears to be an alphabetical sort based on the Brand category (AMD, Intel, etc), followed by the sort by Model (Pentium, Athlon, Celeron, etc) according to performance of the model compared with others in the same Brand, then sorted by Speed within that Model.

-Raystonn

-- The center of your digital world --

G

I'll second that.
This is trivia.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
You have to be an idiot to think they alphabetized it. Give me a break, they are not in alphabetical order. Unless the guy was high when he did it. They just get more hits on the AMD pages so they put those on top.

-----------------

All your RAMBUS are belong t............ ahh screw it

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
I never said they were just plain "alphabetized." Please read what I said more carefully. Your posts in the last few minutes are very confrontational. Did you have a bad day?

-Raystonn

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
Keep going... "based on the Brand category (AMD, Intel, etc), followed by the sort by Model (Pentium, Athlon, Celeron, etc) according to performance of the model compared with others in the same Brand, then sorted by Speed within that Model."

Click on the links to open up the actual pages and you see the available categories by which they can sort. Intel comes after AMD alphabetically. The field need not show up in the popup description for it to be used as a sort key.

-Raystonn

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Your posts in the last few minutes are very confrontational.
Welcome to the CPU forum!

Every once in a while, the AMD guys decide to antagonize the Intel guys, or vice versa. You just happened to stumble in on the wake of a nasty brawl. :wink:

Kelledin
<font color=red>"Step away from the gimp suit and put your hands on top of your head."</font color=red>

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
griz, pricewatch.com is alphabetized first then catergorize by speed and brand name ie,. durons and k6 at the tail-end, also same for celys.

look carefully how the speed goes up from low to high on both Cpus.

Mainboards and combos are a totally diff story, the P4 is at top so going by what you say that means the P4 Mobo is clicked on more???

why do you maintain that pricewatch is not alphabetized?

if someone else has any observations on this subject then by all means speak out!

"Amd cpu...Gone in 2 secs flat, it truly is a fast chip!"

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
First Meltdown, thank you for a post with no name calling.

2nd, Upgrade shouldn't come before Overdrive if it was alphabetized. And also look in some of the other sections, they are definately not alphabetized.

-----------------

All your RAMBUS are belong t............ ahh screw it

Bilbo_B

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2001
And this is important.... how?
Looks more like an excuse for fighting than a legitimate discussion about CPUs. But hey, by all means, keep up the fun.

*Signature wanted. Experience not required*

Bilbo_B

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2001
Actually I was replying to the original post, but forgot to press the right button.... my bad ^_^;;
I see these boards in non-threaded mode, so it's easy to do what I did. Still, I'm sorry :)

*Signature wanted. Experience not required*