WX4100 performance for games

Aligys

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
Hi all,

Before I begin, I want to ensure you that I do understand the purpose of this card (used mainly by graphics professionals for applications like Autocad, Solidworks, where precision is more important than speed, etc) and I do understand the price point (twice as expensive as entry-level gaming cards, if not more). I am posting this for curiosity while exploring new possibilities for small-form-factor computer build.

Question is simple: has somebody tried AMD WX4100 (low profile, single slot) card on games? Can somebody share the experience on bigger game titles (any, but preferably on the newer ones) to be able to compare with other gaming cards in real numbers.

From the first glance, it seems that his card has better performance than RX 460 in general. It has higher GPU clocks, more stream processors. But as far us understand, it has lower memory performance: frequency and bandwidth. But maybe it is an amazing card known for performance in it's size. I would probably benefit from having one more extra slot in my computer where I could install PCIe SSD, etc. But intersting, what this card is capable for (not talking about professional applications).

Hope that somebody can bring any clarity here, any game benchmark results would be also very welcome :)

Aligys

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
For those, who are interested, somebody on the internet ran 3DMark timespy on it - it has scored 1797. It's somewhat similar to RX460 (not overclocked) in gaming perspective.

BARMANIA

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
So I bought this card because it's the fastest low profile, single slot card available at this moment, and my Streacom F7C EVO case doesn't allow anything bigger. The card it replaced was a HD7750 with 1GB RAM. The Radeon Pro WX 4100 is about twice as fast as my old one with benchmarks and games. And I'm able to game modern titles comfortably at full HD now, with higher settings in most games, with exceptions. For example, with GTA 5 I have to set it to normal settings, otherwise it's just not playable. I still need to play around with the card, haven't tried overclocking yet, and I'm not sure if it's even possible. The drivers that were installed with my old card offered overclocking settings, these Radeon Pro drivers do not. So I probably have to install some kind of overcloking tool.

One think worth mentioning, this card is allot more quiet then my old card. Even under full load the fan doesn't seem to make that much more noise.