X-Bows Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard, Hands On

Status
Not open for further replies.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Can't tell if that's a genuine question or if you're being snarky. ;) Do you mean dedicated media buttons? It's just a matter of design. But you can create your own by assigning functions in software.

DerekA_C

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
This looks like a great FPS keyboard. Then notices the placement of the left side of the keyboard thinking I will get more carpel tunnel from this seriously..

NoviceNob

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
I use the Ergonomic Microsoft 4000 Keyboard and really like it. But it has A LOT of wasted space. Extend the Tab /Caps-Lock keys and it's a sale. Looks really good already though. Thank you for the review.

lorfa

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2012
The distance between the 'n' and the 'o' for example worries me, like it might actually be harder to type than normal.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

The idea is that this is almost ortholinear in nature, in that each of your fingers is assigned a column. So you should end up using less lateral movement and more vertical movement. In that sense, the n and o distance should be no problem at all.

My issue with the layout, though, is that your weakest fingers (your two pinkies) are responsible for two columns EACH, with each of those two outermost columns kind of out of whack with the rest of the columns. And those two pinkies, then, have a lot of lateral work to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.