X-box Live and Mod-Chips

Thinking of getting the latest Aladdin chip installed in my v1.6. However, I
read that you can get kicked from Xbox live for modding your Xbox. I know that
these chips have a switch. But if for some reason, we forget to press the switch
and we connect to X-box live, are we screwed? Is there any way to get the
account re-activated/refunded? Is Xbox live tied to one physical Xbox console,
or can I use the account on another console?

TIA,
grol

Mike

Splendid

"grol" <grolschie@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
> Thinking of getting the latest Aladdin chip installed in my v1.6. However,
> read that you can get kicked from Xbox live for modding your Xbox. I know
> that
> these chips have a switch. But if for some reason, we forget to press the
> switch
> and we connect to X-box live, are we screwed? Is there any way to get the
> account re-activated/refunded? Is Xbox live tied to one physical Xbox
> console,
> or can I use the account on another console?
>
> TIA,
> grol

only that Xbox would be banned

"grol" <grolschie@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
> Thinking of getting the latest Aladdin chip installed in my v1.6. However,
> read that you can get kicked from Xbox live for modding your Xbox. I know
> that
> these chips have a switch. But if for some reason, we forget to press the
> switch
> and we connect to X-box live, are we screwed? Is there any way to get the
> account re-activated/refunded? Is Xbox live tied to one physical Xbox
> console,
> or can I use the account on another console?

Live! is checking for hard drive changes now too. So even if you turn off
your mod chip, if they see things on that hard drive that's don't belong
you'll still get banned.

- Cryo

"Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> wrote in

> "grol" <grolschie@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thinking of getting the latest Aladdin chip installed in my v1.6.
>> However, I
>> read that you can get kicked from Xbox live for modding your Xbox. I
>> know that
>> these chips have a switch. But if for some reason, we forget to press
>> the switch
>> and we connect to X-box live, are we screwed? Is there any way to get
>> the account re-activated/refunded? Is Xbox live tied to one physical
>> Xbox console,
>> or can I use the account on another console?
>
> Live! is checking for hard drive changes now too. So even if you turn
> off your mod chip, if they see things on that hard drive that's don't
> belong you'll still get banned.
>
> - Cryo

Yup, if I decided to use live, I would get a different xbox that had no
mods on it. I choose to stay as far away from Xbox Live as I can (use
the free online gaming sites the very few times I bother)

Getting a used one for the price of a coupla games is better than
sweating it every time you go online. All the new games try to connect
to live without even asking, so it's way to easy to get banned even
without the new MS invasion of privacy.

BeaglePig

"Mike" <mike@poolsters.on.ca> wrote in message

> "grol" <grolschie@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thinking of getting the latest Aladdin chip installed in my v1.6. However,
> > read that you can get kicked from Xbox live for modding your Xbox. I know
> > that
> > these chips have a switch. But if for some reason, we forget to press the
> > switch
> > and we connect to X-box live, are we screwed? Is there any way to get the
> > account re-activated/refunded? Is Xbox live tied to one physical Xbox
> > console,
> > or can I use the account on another console?
> >
> > TIA,
> > grol
> >

> only that Xbox would be banned

Cheers dude. I guess that would be an expensive mistake. :)
grol

"Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> wrote in message
> "grol" <grolschie@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thinking of getting the latest Aladdin chip installed in my v1.6. However,
> > read that you can get kicked from Xbox live for modding your Xbox. I know
> > that
> > these chips have a switch. But if for some reason, we forget to press the
> > switch
> > and we connect to X-box live, are we screwed? Is there any way to get the
> > account re-activated/refunded? Is Xbox live tied to one physical Xbox
> > console,
> > or can I use the account on another console?
>
> Live! is checking for hard drive changes now too. So even if you turn off
> your mod chip, if they see things on that hard drive that's don't belong
> you'll still get banned.
>
> - Cryo

So if you wish to use Live, you cannot get a mod-chip? I haven't signed up for
Live yet, but clicked on Live from within the MS dashboard and it downloaded a
rather lengthy update. I wonder what it was? MS basically pwn our consoles and
can install anything they like on them in theory the second we connect?
grol

> I haven't signed up for
> Live yet, but clicked on Live from within the MS dashboard and it
> downloaded a rather lengthy update. I wonder what it was? MS basically
> pwn our consoles and can install anything they like on them in theory
> the second we connect? grol

Yup, sux doesn't it....

BeaglePig

"BeaglePig" <BeaglePig@notreal.com> wrote in message
> "Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> wrote in
>
> > "grol" <grolschie@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Thinking of getting the latest Aladdin chip installed in my v1.6.
> >> However, I
> >> read that you can get kicked from Xbox live for modding your Xbox. I
> >> know that
> >> these chips have a switch. But if for some reason, we forget to press
> >> the switch
> >> and we connect to X-box live, are we screwed? Is there any way to get
> >> the account re-activated/refunded? Is Xbox live tied to one physical
> >> Xbox console,
> >> or can I use the account on another console?
> >
> > Live! is checking for hard drive changes now too. So even if you turn
> > off your mod chip, if they see things on that hard drive that's don't
> > belong you'll still get banned.
> >
> > - Cryo
> >

> Yup, if I decided to use live, I would get a different xbox that had no
> mods on it. I choose to stay as far away from Xbox Live as I can (use
> the free online gaming sites the very few times I bother)
>
> Getting a used one for the price of a coupla games is better than
> sweating it every time you go online. All the new games try to connect
> to live without even asking, so it's way to easy to get banned even
> without the new MS invasion of privacy.

Can all Live-enabled games connect to these "free" servers? Does the voice chat
thing work too? Got a link to these servers?
Cheers,
grol

> No you don't need a modchip.
>
> Checkout http://www.xbconnect.com/faq.php you do need, however a
> computer on the same network as the Xbox, which, since you are reading
> this I assume you have >;-)
>
> To answer the other guys Q, yes it supports voice chat in the games that
> support it over system link. The site basically fools the xbox into
> thinking it's on system link with any other xbox that's connected to
> it's site.

You have to pay for this software? Is there a demo to see if it works for you?
grol

> You have to pay for this software? Is there a demo to see if it works
> for you? grol

Ya gotta read man! heh...

in the FAQ it answers that, it's all free. The site makes it's money off
banner ads like everyone else.

Ya gotta registar though

> "grol" <grolschie@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote in
>

> > You have to pay for this software? Is there a demo to see if it works
> > for you? grol
> >

> Ya gotta read man! heh...
>
> in the FAQ it answers that, it's all free. The site makes it's money off
> banner ads like everyone else.
>
> Ya gotta registar though

Hahaha. I had just scrolled to bottom and saw paypal link. LOL. I should've
guessed when it said "pro" version. I will download the free version and give V8
Supercars 2 a crank. I hope that someone is playing it, although it's called
"TOCA 2" or something in the USA.

Many thanks.

grol

"grol" <grolschie@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
> Thinking of getting the latest Aladdin chip installed in my v1.6. However, I
> read that you can get kicked from Xbox live for modding your Xbox. I know that
> these chips have a switch. But if for some reason, we forget to press the
switch
> and we connect to X-box live, are we screwed? Is there any way to get the
> account re-activated/refunded? Is Xbox live tied to one physical Xbox console,
> or can I use the account on another console?

I have been reading a comparison of mod-chips:
http://www.xbox-scene.com/modchips4_table.htm
http://www.xbox-scene.com/modchips3b_table.htm

Which ones automatically disable XBox Live when mod-chip switch is accidentally
enabled?

Are some more stable than others?

thanks,
grol

"BeaglePig" <BeaglePig@notreal.com> wrote in message
> "grol" <grolschie@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote in
>

> > You have to pay for this software? Is there a demo to see if it works
> > for you? grol
> >

> Ya gotta read man! heh...
>
> in the FAQ it answers that, it's all free. The site makes it's money off
> banner ads like everyone else.
>
> Ya gotta registar though

Played TopSpin last night using it. Man it seems pretty quiet there though.
Mainly Halo/Halo2 players.

"BeaglePig" <BeaglePig@notreal.com> wrote in message

> Checkout http://www.xbconnect.com/faq.php you do need, however a
> computer on the same network as the Xbox, which, since you are reading
> this I assume you have >;-)

Also found Xlink Kai Evolution, which seems to have more players:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/