X-FI ExtremeGamer vs Auzentech Xplosion

Seifer

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
X-FI ExtremeGamer vs Auzentech Xplosion

See I play new games and I watch movies. I have a surround sound hook up to a Kenwood Reciever and thats connected to my cp. So I'm not sure if I want Dolby Digital or Extreme Gamer.

Seeing how Creative doesn't support Dolby digital playback only decodes it. Will I still be able to hear all those footsteps in games with the Auzentech? Will I be able to get good quality sound when I watch my movies with the XtremeGamer?

rquinn19

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
I'm in the same boat as you. Havent bought a sound card yet because i'm not sure what i want between the two but i'm leaning towards the auzentech. I'd like to hear peoples opinions as well. Hopefully someone who had dealt with both.

Bruce5w

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
I am in EXACTLY the same position. I primarily use my rigs for gaming, probably 80-85% with the remainder being to movies and Internet multimedia. I bought the Tritton AX360 surround headphones because I kept seeing how many people loved these and I've basically had to play at night with the sound almost off. My problem is the Audigy 2 Platinum, even though it has optical and SPDIF out, it is only 2.1 and these are Dolby certified surround cans. Surfing through the Creative boards I thought all I needed was a digital i/o and I would be set. No luck. Today I bought the X-Fi Extremegamer but it does not support the digital i/o either. Frustration with Creative turned me to the Auzentech. It looks like a killer card, great price, better Dolby decode but only EAX 2 support, and the x-fi is at 5.0.

My dilemma is do I sacrifice the EAX and the power the X-fi will take on behalf of the cpu or do I go with the Auzentech that has better digital output options (which is needed for the AX360's) and better Dolby decoding, better pricing but may have a performance hit on my system?

For my situation, I would have to get the Extremegamer Fatal1ty card which is $50 more than the regular Extremegamer (or about $75-$100 more than the Auzentech) to get the digital outputs.

I sincerely do not know which direction to go!

sickofsoyo

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2006
the X-FI does support dolby digital, it doesb't support LIVE however. There is an option in the control apnel that you can set it to not decode the Dolby digital signal, and to use an external processor.

Seifer

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
the X-FI does support dolby digital, it doesb't support LIVE however. There is an option in the control apnel that you can set it to not decode the Dolby digital signal, and to use an external processor.

You see I want dolby digital LIVE...

Seifer

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I have the extremegamer card for 2 months now, and I play Bf2142 and I hear all footsteps! Im not familiar with that other card,since Ive always had creative cards. Im very happy with it so far!

Of course, everyone is happy with Creative because they don't know what they are buying.

TRENDING THREADS