"X" is greyed out when trying to delete contacts is windows live mail in Windows 10.

munybuny

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
I do not use Outlook or Outlook.com (although I have an email address) and when I click on contacts and bring up the contact list I can edit anyone, remove from Category but not delete some old contacts. I like Windows 10 and this is an annoying issue. I had the same contacts on Win 7 and never had a problem deleting. Any Ideas?

munybuny

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010

I am not sure I understand what you mean. What Service are you meaning. My ISP? All my contacts are resident within the Windows essentials Mail program resident on my computer. Sorry for not understanding.

1) There is no Windows Essentials Mail that comes with Windows 10. The mail app in 8 and 10 is entirely different. If you have Windows Essentials downloaded and installed, you may need to reinstall it.
2) Services = mail providers, like outlook.com/hotmail.com/yahoo.com email providers.

munybuny

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010

munybuny

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
Thank you for your answer.
I will clarify:I am using Windows Live Mail just as I have used it In windows 7. When I open it it says Windows Live Mail. When I installed it I downloaded it from Windows Live essentials, then installed the back up stored email accounts and messages and contacts. Even when I have added a new contact recently I cannot delete that one either. I have no problem removing contacts from Groups (catagories), just the individual contacts. Very weird. I do not use the built in Windows 10 mail program. I have 6 email accounts, only one of which is an Outlook.com account. I do not use the Outlook feature in Office either. I hope this explains it better.