Question X10SAE Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2021
Hi, I am new to the forum, and am looking for some help with an X10SAE motherboard. My setup is as follows:

X10SAE MB
i7-5775c CPU
RX 560 4GB GPU

I have opencore and triple boot, MacOS, Windows Server 2019, and Ubuntu.

My first problem was that I could not install Windows 10, I kept getting a page fault in non paged area error, tried windows server 2019 desktop experience and everything is now working fine. But normal Win 10 Pro would simply not install properly.

Second problem is that I am not getting on board graphics from the CPU, which has an Intel Iris Pro 6200, and (as far as I understand) should be able to provide video with the board.

Third problem is drive size, I have three SSDs in P0 to P2 Intel side for the operating systems, so far everything works perfect. I have an additional 2.5 HDD for storing data in P3, leaving P4 and P5 (always Intel) empty. I use two 8Tb drives in raid 0 for my media library. But the board is not recognizing the drives, neither in the empty Intel nor the two ASM1061 ports. I can get 3Tb drives recognized by the board, but not 8Tb.

So:
Regarding problem 1, not to worry Win Server works fine and to be honest I like it, still would like to know what went wrong.
Regarding problem 2, any suggestions are welcome ( I have internal graphics selected, etc.), using an RX560, so not urgent, but would definitely like to solve it

Regarding problem 3, this is the most important issue by far as I would definitely like to have those drives working in my PC, and be able to plug in larger sized drives eventually, was thinking of upgrading to 10+TB drives but if the board can't handle them need to look for options.

Any help is very welcome.

Thanks

Manolo

kanewolf

Titan
Hi, I am new to the forum, and am looking for some help with an X10SAE motherboard. My setup is as follows:

X10SAE MB
i7-5775c CPU
RX 560 4GB GPU

I have opencore and triple boot, MacOS, Windows Server 2019, and Ubuntu.

My first problem was that I could not install Windows 10, I kept getting a page fault in non paged area error, tried windows server 2019 desktop experience and everything is now working fine. But normal Win 10 Pro would simply not install properly.

Second problem is that I am not getting on board graphics from the CPU, which has an Intel Iris Pro 6200, and (as far as I understand) should be able to provide video with the board.

Third problem is drive size, I have three SSDs in P0 to P2 Intel side for the operating systems, so far everything works perfect. I have an additional 2.5 HDD for storing data in P3, leaving P4 and P5 (always Intel) empty. I use two 8Tb drives in raid 0 for my media library. But the board is not recognizing the drives, neither in the empty Intel nor the two ASM1061 ports. I can get 3Tb drives recognized by the board, but not 8Tb.

So:
Regarding problem 1, not to worry Win Server works fine and to be honest I like it, still would like to know what went wrong.
Regarding problem 2, any suggestions are welcome ( I have internal graphics selected, etc.), using an RX560, so not urgent, but would definitely like to solve it

Regarding problem 3, this is the most important issue by far as I would definitely like to have those drives working in my PC, and be able to plug in larger sized drives eventually, was thinking of upgrading to 10+TB drives but if the board can't handle them need to look for options.

Any help is very welcome.

Thanks

Manolo
Having a graphics card installed, by default will disable the integrated GPU. You would have to re-enable it in the BIOS. Also, which video port are you trying to use? The VGA port is actually tied to the chipset rather than the CPU according to the block diagram in the manual.

Feb 26, 2021
Having a graphics card installed, by default will disable the integrated GPU. You would have to re-enable it in the BIOS. Also, which video port are you trying to use? The VGA port is actually tied to the chipset rather than the CPU according to the block diagram in the manual.
Hi, I am using the video card only because I could not get video out of the board. I tried all four output ports VGA, DVI, DP and HDMI with no video card plugged in, and default board settings, which is Auto for video out, changed to internal, etc. but nothing.
I have tried multiple options and nothing. I'm starting to think it's either the board or CPU that have a problem or the that the board does not like to Broadwell CPU, nevertheless it should be properly supported. BTW I'm on the latest BIOS for the board.

Maybe it is a chipset problem (C226), as I am unable to get large 8TB drives recognized. Could that explain the problems I am having ??

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Hi, I am using the video card only because I could not get video out of the board. I tried all four output ports VGA, DVI, DP and HDMI with no video card plugged in, and default board settings, which is Auto por video out, changed to internal, etc. but nothing.
I have tried multiple options and nothing. I'm starting to think it's either the board or COU that have a problem or the that the board does not like to Broadwell CPU, nevertheless it should be properly supported. BTW I'm on the latest BIOS for the board.

Maybe it is a chipset problem (C226), as I am unable to get large 8TB drives recognized. Could that explain the problems I am having ??
I don't think it is an 8TB issue. There are validated drives on the SuperMicro page that are 16TB.

Intel doesn't show that CPU as compatible with the C226 chipset. https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...-5775c-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-70-ghz.html
SuperMicro is "confused" about cpu compatibility -- At the top of the SuperMicro page is says it supports i7/i5/i3 BUT the CPU section only says Xeons --
  • Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3, Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v4 series.
  • Single Socket LGA-1150 (Socket H3) supported, CPU TDP support Up to 95W TDP
I think your CPU and motherboard are incompatible.

Feb 26, 2021
I actually think you might be spot on. I had not read the compatibility in detail, and as you state it does not say core i7 i5 i3 support. I had only seen the top part that says they are. Fortunately I did order a Xeon E3-1285V4 which should be fully compatible with the board, it should be here next week. Will post results just to close the thread properly, if it works.

Thanks for the help and quick replies !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.