[SOLVED] X16 3.0 vs X8 3.0 PCIe slot?

Sep 30, 2020
I'm currently having performance issues with my 3080 xc3, my fps is very low compared to benchmarks. I changed around a few settings, I used to only get 130fps and now I get about 170fps on lowest settings which is bad for a 3080.
This is my build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9zCgTC
My CPU temp at max is 60c & my GPU temp is 63c max from what it says on afterburner.
My 3080 is currently plugged into the x8 slot, could this be the reason for performance issues? I looked at a few other forums & videos & people say it makes very little difference, like a 1-2% fps difference.

Solution
Yes.
Wiring directly to your CPU, or processor, means it can send it data much quicker, allowing for more FPS.
Wiring through the chipset means it has to pass through a different chip before it hits the processor.

It's like walking out the front door of your house instead of walking out the back door and going around your house to get to that spot.
I would move it.

ragnarok0274

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
Yes.
Wiring directly to your CPU, or processor, means it can send it data much quicker, allowing for more FPS.
Wiring through the chipset means it has to pass through a different chip before it hits the processor.

It's like walking out the front door of your house instead of walking out the back door and going around your house to get to that spot.
I would move it.

Solution
Sep 30, 2020
Yes.

I would move it.
Ok ill try it and see what happens, one last question, how much of an fps increase would you say it can be? Like 50fps?