[SOLVED] X299 AORUS MASTER vs STRIX X299-E GAMING Overclocking i9-9940X

Servs

Reputable
Feb 14, 2019
Im days away from buying the parts to my new pc build and im torn between 2 motherboards. I am not sure which one to get and while im partial to the ASUS board for looks and brand support, I've never used Gigabyte before but iv'e heard that the AORUS MASTER is better for overclocking. My goal is to get a single core of the i9-9940X to 4.8 (If thats even kind of possible). Im using a Corsair H150i Pro AIO cooler (Dont want to clean out a custom loop, yeah i know im lazy :/ ). Does anyone know if the difference in the VRM heatspreader on the AORUS MASTER is a big enough difference in reliability/performance to choose it over the STRIX X299-E GAMING?

STRIX https://pcpartpicker.com/product/n7...g-atx-lga2066-motherboard-strix-x299-e-gaming
AORUS

Solution
I would not worry of any vrm because all this motherboards are made to support the 18 core monstruosity so you would be more then fine on any motherboard. You can do 4.8 on all cores and it would be fine if you have some fans on top of the case to create an indirect airflow.
I would not worry of any vrm because all this motherboards are made to support the 18 core monstruosity so you would be more then fine on any motherboard. You can do 4.8 on all cores and it would be fine if you have some fans on top of the case to create an indirect airflow.

Solution