[SOLVED] x299 memory compatibility

Starrynight

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015
I am building a new computer with the x299 platform for the first time, read a lot about needing specific memory in order to run XMP. I've looked at the G skill QVL list for compatible memory for my motherboard that I'm buying for an i9-9960x and it says its compatible, however ASRock does not list it. Who do I trust?

Motherboard : ASrock X299 Taichi XE

Memory I'm looking at G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR.

If you have any other suggestions on motherboards with really good memory support or personal experience please let me know.

Solution
Motherboard manufacturers usually have limited memory modules available for compatibility testing. So there will be memory modules that are compatible with motherboards even though the motherboard manufacturer has not listed the memory on their memory QVL since some memory will not have been tested.

G.Skill have tested the memory for compatibility, so part number F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR is compatible with the ASRock motherboard.
Motherboard manufacturers usually have limited memory modules available for compatibility testing. So there will be memory modules that are compatible with motherboards even though the motherboard manufacturer has not listed the memory on their memory QVL since some memory will not have been tested.

G.Skill have tested the memory for compatibility, so part number F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR is compatible with the ASRock motherboard.

Solution