Question X299 Motherboard: Asus Prime vs. Gigabyte Aorus for

BrainGlue

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Asus Prime X299- A II ATX vs. GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Master E-ATX.

Any thoughts?

This may be old news but I used to hear that Asus motherboards are more reliable and last longer, etc. However, I do like the fact that the Gigabyte board supports 3 M.2 on-board. The Asus one also supports triple M.2s, but one of them has to be mounted awkwardly perpendicular to the board.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
For overall customer support and frequency of software driver and firmware updates, I would choose Asus over Gigabyte. Gigabyte has made huge strides forward over the past few years, but IMHO is still behind the overall quality and customer support that Asus provides. But then there are features that each motherboard offers as well. It all depends on how much (or not) you are an enthusiast or just an average user that won't be digging deep into the BIOS to squeeze out every last ounce of performance. And you have to consider the type of hardware you will use with the motherboard. In the end, sometimes the only way to know what choice is best is to take the dive and buy both boards and test them out. You will have 30 days (i.e. Amazon) to return the one you don't like ;-)

TRENDING THREADS