Question X299 Motherboard Recommendation for i9-10900X?

cycleback

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
I looking at building a workstation based on an i9-10900X processor for some simulation code that needs both high single threaded CPU performance and memory bandwidth (4+ memory channels) with at least 8 cores. Fast memory might help with the simulations I am planning and I might overclock the memory. Some of the simulation codes were likely compiled with Intel's MKL.

Does anyone have any motherboard recommendations for the i9-10900X?

If youre looking for overclocking and just the best board and stuff, look at some of the high end asus stuff like the Rampage 6 extreme i would also really suggest that board if you plan on aggressivly overclocking

but since you arent, and this is only a 10 core
i'd suggest the best cheap boards, a tuf mark 1 or x299 deluxe

Mar 25, 2021
www.youtube.com
Please help if you can! I have an X299-E Gaming II and i9 10900X and heard about an incompatibility with bios and 10th gen i9. Does anybody know if they solved that? I can't afford a 9th gen just to flash the bios lol. Here's what I saw " Warning! Some Intel X299 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Cascade Lake-X CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions."

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021
www.youtube.com
BiOS FlashBack saves the day! Love that! I couldn't wait for the day we didn't need a floppy to flash BiOS.
screenshot-128.png