i9 7900x
32gb ram ( 2x 16gb 3000mhz )
GTX 1080Ti
1x hdd 4tb Toshiba X300
2x hdd 500gb
1x SSD M.2 intel p660 2Tb
1x Msi wifi AC card
Motherboard MSI X299 TOMAHAWK AC
this Motherboard i think is a PCIe 3 and for next gen i plan to upgrade only GPU and Motherboard with PCIe 4 slot for gpu.
is ther any Motherboard with pcie 4 out there for my cpu? if yes please let me know.

Solution
The reality is that PCIe v3 x16 can already handle the fastest GPUs out there. In theory you could get slightly lower latency with v4, but I doubt you'd even notice it. There are some data centers and people using massive CUDA data crunching who will benefit from this, but for single video card gaming, I doubt it'll matter at all.

Also, unless your CPU is capable of pushing that much data, then even a "magic next generation video card from the future" probably won't be noticeable.

kanewolf

Titan
Hellllo guys

This is my gaming rig:
i9 7900x
32gb ram ( 2x 16gb 3000mhz )
GTX 1080Ti
1x hdd 4tb Toshiba X300
2x hdd 500gb
1x SSD M.2 intel p660 2Tb
1x Msi wifi AC card
Motherboard MSI X299 TOMAHAWK AC
this Motherboard i think is a PCIe 3 and for next gen i plan to upgrade only GPU and Motherboard with PCIe 4 slot for gpu.
is ther any Motherboard with pcie 4 out there for my cpu? if yes please let me know.
No. Intel has no motherboards released with PCIe gen 4.

Reactions: Ramin-Ras
The reality is that PCIe v3 x16 can already handle the fastest GPUs out there. In theory you could get slightly lower latency with v4, but I doubt you'd even notice it. There are some data centers and people using massive CUDA data crunching who will benefit from this, but for single video card gaming, I doubt it'll matter at all.

Also, unless your CPU is capable of pushing that much data, then even a "magic next generation video card from the future" probably won't be noticeable.

Reactions: Ramin-Ras
Solution