x3 DDR3 RAM + MoBo/CPU compatibility?

Jul 15, 2018
heya guys.

So im in need of a bit more RAM but am pretty low on funds.

I am currently using a ga lmt78 usb3 rev 6 Mobo with an Fx-8350 CPU and have 2 4GB sticks of 1600 Ram CL9 in dual channel

My main question is whether its possible to install another cheeky 4GB stick of 1600 CL11 RAM to make 12GB of Ram until i can afford the last 4GB stick later on.

I understand that some motherboards will switch to single channel once the dual channel ram is used up and i also understand that nowadays MoBos are able to dynamically adapt to what RAM is in what slot (Intel call it flex mode but i have read that AMD boards also have this feature)

I cant find anything on the motherboards page about flexible Ram usage so im not entirely sure about that

'
If anyone wants to know im trying to make the game RUST run at a reasonable rate which uses ALOT of RAM so if single channel is going to ruin that i need to know before i drop the 70 bucks on a new stick.

Cheers guys

tl;dr Can i add another 4GB stick to my current x2 4GB stick setup on a ga lmt78 usb3 rev 6 board?

tl;dr2 Is my board capable of 'flex mode

Solution
tl;dr Can i add another 4GB stick to my current x2 4GB stick setup on a ga lmt78 usb3 rev 6 board?
Nobody knows until you try, because there is no guarantees that the DRAM you buy will play well with the old RAM. Also you had the cl9 RAM, you are better to buy the same timing RAM, so that you have better chance let them play well. Good luck.

I don't know, and one of the Mod in our forum had the article about the flex mode ( page 7). You may find something from that. https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ddr-dram-faq,4154.html#p2
Nobody knows until you try, because there is no guarantees that the DRAM you buy will play well with the old RAM. Also you had the cl9 RAM, you are better to buy the same timing RAM, so that you have better chance let them play well. Good luck.

I don't know, and one of the Mod in our forum had the article about the flex mode ( page 7). You may find something from that. https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ddr-dram-faq,4154.html#p2

Solution