[SOLVED] x3650 M5, Machine Type 5462 HDD supported

May 6, 2019
Hi all,

Nice to meet u here , i have system X3650 M5 , i need to know more about the storage.
i need min 2TB ( Raid 1 ) for the storage , prefer 3TB (Raid 1) .

Is X3650 support SATA 2.5" 2TB or SATA 2.5" 3TB ?
what kind of hdd that can be use in x3650 ?
for example :
1. Seagate Firecuda 2.5" 2TB-SSHD
or

2. Seagate Barracuda - HDD Notebook PC SATA 2.5" [ 3TB -ST3000LM024 ]

can you give me a suggestion the type of hdd for x3650 , for build mail server like : zimbra mail server.

Thank You.

Regards,

InGenetic

Solution
That's a server. Notebook sata drives may not be recognized properly due to their firmware. My suggestion would be to get some drives that are supposed to be used with the system--sas drives. They should actually be cheaper than sata notebook drives in the used market.
May 6, 2019
I have 4 slot 2.5" vertical , with connected to raid controller avago.
Now i only have 4 hdd 2.5" sas, each around 300gb.

I want to migrate my zimbra mail server to that server, which i need at least 2TB with raid 1.

Please any advise ?

May 6, 2019
You should have an sas controller in there and should be able to support the 1.2GB sas drives.
Yes , Right , i have raid controller it said "ServRAID M1215" , just now i try to insert 2 HDD SATA for notebook, but it said in IMM module , the drive is Non-manageable drives to IMM, end when i try to create volume in storage RAID Configuration, it said "there is no available capacity for creating new volume on the selected storage controller.

Please advise

That's a server. Notebook sata drives may not be recognized properly due to their firmware. My suggestion would be to get some drives that are supposed to be used with the system--sas drives. They should actually be cheaper than sata notebook drives in the used market.

Solution