[SOLVED] x370 for 2nd gen Ryzen

Dec 3, 2018
I wanted to get the msi pro carbon x370 for my Ryzen 5 2600, but is it possible if I have another computer (a macbook) to download the necessary software and then boot of that usb, or do I need a 1st gen processor to boot? I want to make the process as easy as possible as I want to build the computer quickly, so what would be the best solution?

Solution
Unknown. The 2600 requires BIOS version 1F which was released at the end of March 2018. How lucky do you feel that the board you purchased was built after that time? If you are lucky it will have a compatible BIOS and most of the time a sticker on the box that says Ryzen 2nd Gen compatible.
That board doesn't seem to have the no-CPU flash capability. You would HAVE to have a supported CPU to flash.

kanewolf

Titan
Unknown. The 2600 requires BIOS version 1F which was released at the end of March 2018. How lucky do you feel that the board you purchased was built after that time? If you are lucky it will have a compatible BIOS and most of the time a sticker on the box that says Ryzen 2nd Gen compatible.
That board doesn't seem to have the no-CPU flash capability. You would HAVE to have a supported CPU to flash.

Solution
Dec 3, 2018

I see, so if the board didn't support 2nd gen would I have to get a 1st gen cpu or could i get away with the 2nd gen and a usb stick with the flash on it. Getting a 2nd cpu even from amd is a lot of work...

TRENDING THREADS