X370 Pro 4 Ryzen 3 2200G POST failing

Oct 23, 2018
Brand new card from NewEgg, BIOS 4.5 box label swears it is "Desktop 2000 Ready".

After power on, CPU coooler fan comes up nicely, chassis fan comes up nicely, but no output. Fans power down and re-cycled up about every 12-15 seconds.

Is that the failure symptom widely-known and reported about incorrect integrated video support or is this a symptom of some check failing in basic test of card, cpu. ,memory or fans?

Sadly, I never received any input concerning my problem. I don't know, otherwise, how to close out an item on this forum. If it is left hanging, it might be helpful to anyone stumbling upon it to know that the problem turned out to be a bad memory stick. Diagnosing a problem when you get no output is always tough. After the fact I purchased one of those $5 mini-speakers so I could at least hear some beeps during boot, and that did help me conclude that it was the new memory manufacturer's problem, not the mobo manufacturer's.

Solution
If you're getting beep codes, then it's probably not a BIOS concern.
While the "2000 series" sticker on the boards *should* be a sign the BIOS is updated... unfortunately, that hasn't always been the case.

Please post your full system spec.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If you're getting beep codes, then it's probably not a BIOS concern.
While the "2000 series" sticker on the boards *should* be a sign the BIOS is updated... unfortunately, that hasn't always been the case.

Please post your full system spec.

Solution
Just as an afterthought I'll add the fact that while it might be true you had a bad stick of memory, Ryzen is a lot more particular about what ICs you use on the module and memory configurations in general, but SPECIFICALLY, what slots you install them in. If you do not install both modules, when using only two, in the A2 and B2 slots you might get recognized memory but not full speed operation (Even with DOCP/AMP/XMP enabled) or they may not work at all. Or, one stick might show up while the other does not.

If you did NOT have them installed in the A2 and B2 slots, which are the second and fourth over from the CPU socket, that could very well have been related to your problem. Since you've already resolved it we can assume you are correct about having a bad stick, but it's probably worth mentioning anyhow in case you have them working but NOT working at their advertised speeds.

Oct 23, 2018
I am not quite certain how to close this thread out. I certainly thank each person for his/her suggestion. As I updated my original posting to show, the problem absolutely was a failed 8GB memory stick -- from the 16GB set which were properly installed in the A2 and B2 slots.

Not questioning that. Simply added the afterthought for anybody who might come along later. You need to understand that practically every post on here will be somewhere in Google results for similar problems on the same platform and might be viewed by thousands of people trying to find solutions to their problems. So for some, it might be a dead stick. For others, it might be the exact same symptoms but they may have the memory installed incorrectly. Pretty common actually. Five other threads just this week where the system either wouldn't post or wouldn't run at the advertised speed. Anyhow, kudos for getting it figured out on your problem regardless.