[SOLVED] X370/X470/B350/B450 for 1600X OC and 3200 RAM

Lojalfan

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
I'm thinking about buying a mobo for 1600X oc. I plan on buying an 8-core Ryzen 3 CPU when it comes out so it needs to have good oc capabilities. It also needs to support 3200MHz RAM. Which motherboard has the best VRMs? Budget around 150 USD.

Solution
Alright thanks for the input, I went for the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC after watching buildzoid's video on YouTube.
Bluetooth was the deciding factor, I figured since I'm playing on an XOne controller I might as well just get a board with it integrated instead of using a cable like I do now.
It also has ok-ish power delivery (enough for a respectable 2700X OC), which is more than on the competing mobos in this price range according to the video. The only advantage X470 boards have is SLI support and 2 additional USB ports, also I'd lose ALC1220 audio which would improve my Sennheiser's sound substantially.
Needless to say I'd rather buy an USB hub than a Bluetooth card.

Lojalfan

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Any improvements in X470 over X370 in oc capabilities, anything beside this worth noting?

I've just checked out a few lists and these were the stand-outs:
  • MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
  • ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate
  • MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON
  • ASUS X370-Pro

Lojalfan

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Alright thanks for the input, I went for the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC after watching buildzoid's video on YouTube.
Bluetooth was the deciding factor, I figured since I'm playing on an XOne controller I might as well just get a board with it integrated instead of using a cable like I do now.
It also has ok-ish power delivery (enough for a respectable 2700X OC), which is more than on the competing mobos in this price range according to the video. The only advantage X470 boards have is SLI support and 2 additional USB ports, also I'd lose ALC1220 audio which would improve my Sennheiser's sound substantially.
Needless to say I'd rather buy an USB hub than a Bluetooth card.

Solution