X38 DDR2 based motherboards... When are they coming out?

tehlexinator

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
I keep hearing conflicting information. The dates range from mid August to late September.

I have actually called Asus and Gigabyte and spoke with different reps there AND got different answers from each of them. The only thing that they tend to agree on is that the DDR3 models will be coming out in late September... But I had no luck getting info on the DDR2 models... Just conflicting information.

Does anyone have any idea when these sweet DDR2 based boards are going to be hitting the market? I'm still drooling over their features. Paring one of those with the upcoming G92… MMM /drool.

BUFF

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2003
supposedly Intel isn't shipping the chipset in production quantities until the end of August so I would imagine mid-September at earliest.

sleepyhead

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2005
I'm getting the exact same conflicting info as you are. I think the safe bet is sometime in September. August would be nice, though.

LoopyChicken

Distinguished
May 26, 2007
I'm also waiting on this board... grrr...

One report I read said preorders would get it in August.. I'm assuming by preorders they're referring to retails.. becaus I can't find anywhere to preorder it online... I can't even find confirmed specs yet.

"Intel plans to ship X38 chipsets to its customers who are willing to pay in advance in week 34 the one that starts on 20th of August. This means that a lot of good paying customers will have the chance to make the golden samples of the first X38 motherboards in last days of August."

tehlexinator

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
Yeah I found that same quote on wiki...

But the mobo companies aren't confirming any of this info. Seems like everyone forgot the DDR 2 models. Got a date for the DDR 3 version but not DDR 2. Bah.