[SOLVED] X470+3900x Windows 10 won't install (BSOD)

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
So Id like to give some insight to this to lwt you know what I did in order after I received that cpu, if you don't need that indo please skip to the line in bold.

Today I have received my 3900x, I updated the bios to the latest one and reset the bios to stock setting (also reset CMOS) and after replacing the 1700x with the 3900x I was stuck in an infinite bios loading screen, sometimes after about 20min+ it would finally load into Windows, but in Windows I have noticed that in the task manager a lot of the RAM data (like frequency and occupied DIMM slots) was missing.

The issue I have now is that after the first part of windows installation is complete, and the Pc reboots it starts doing the preps and suddenly I get a BSOD with the error code "BUGCODE NDIS DRIVER"
My motherboard is aorus X470 Gaming 7 WIFI rev 1.1

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
Have you searched Windows forums for an answer?

Tried everything in here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-install/7f9331ea-a17e-40dc-be14-dca300356f13 ?

Try disabling the wifi adaptor in the bios, if there's an option. Seems like that could be the issue. There are other potential fixes in there, so have a good read.
Have you searched Windows forums for an answer?

Tried everything in here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-install/7f9331ea-a17e-40dc-be14-dca300356f13 ?

Try disabling the wifi adaptor in the bios, if there's an option. Seems like that could be the issue. There are other potential fixes in there, so have a good read.
Im unable to find out how I turn off the wifi adaper in my mobo..i cant find that setting anywhere. But then I dont have a wifi antena plugged into my mobo I have an Internet cable plugged in (without it I still get a BSOD)
I have put my 1700x back in and installed the os no problem, I've also made sure I had the latest chipset driver (I already have the larest bios) and then I replaced the 1700x with 3900x again and I every time I get past the I boot I go through the bios loading screen no problem (which is 1 issue solved) but then when windows starts loading after a few seconds I get a blue screen with the same error.. Now Im still trying to figure out where is the setting for turning off the wifi adapter.

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
So what I did to fix my issue, was put the 1700x in AGAIN and updated WIFI and LAN drivers. I have updated the LAN drivers by installing them from gigabyte website and the WIFI drivers by installing "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" and downloading the newest up-to-date drivers from there. So to put it short, if you have the same issues as I do with a WiFi motherboard than YOU MUST not only install the newest bios and chipset drivers (MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE LATEST CHIPSET DRIVERS FROM AMD WEBSITE NOT YOUR MOBO MANUFACTURER WEBSITE), but also the latest wifi and LAN drivers. If you do not do 1 of those things than you will face all sorts of issues like I did.

TRENDING THREADS