Jun 8, 2019
Hi! :)
You think or have heard anything about if the existing X470 lineup (but new from the manufacturer) will come with a Bios update supporting Zen 2? What I mean is: Out of the box supporting the next gen Ryzen. Since it seems the X570 mobo's will be priced higher than it's predecessors, and I really don't care aboute PCI-e Gen 4.0 but I don't have any Zen or Zen+ chips around to update it.

Also, would the X470 Mobo's have a similar compatibility in ram as the X570 ones?

Thanks and cheers from Venezuela. :) (Spanish speaker)

Solution
Asus released BIOS for my MB already so switching is assured but it's a question how long it would take Asus and other manufacturers to start delivering MBs with compatible BIOS versions. Should plan well in advance if you are going to buy x470 MB.
Asus released BIOS for my MB already so switching is assured but it's a question how long it would take Asus and other manufacturers to start delivering MBs with compatible BIOS versions. Should plan well in advance if you are going to buy x470 MB.

Reactions: lainden
Solution
Jun 8, 2019
It must be BIOS upgrade to support the RYZEN 3000 series. You can borrow a CPU from a physical store, such as 200ge, to upgrade BIOS.

Actually I can't. In my country those Cpu's don't exist unless you buy them and get it shipped from a retalier located in other country. / Venezuela

Apr 27, 2019
Hi! :)
You think or have heard anything about if the existing X470 lineup (but new from the manufacturer) will come with a Bios update supporting Zen 2? What I mean is: Out of the box supporting the next gen Ryzen. Since it seems the X570 mobo's will be priced higher than it's predecessors, and I really don't care aboute PCI-e Gen 4.0 but I don't have any Zen or Zen+ chips around to update it.

Also, would the X470 Mobo's have a similar compatibility in ram as the X570 ones?

Thanks and cheers from Venezuela. :) (Spanish speaker)

Hey man all you need to have is a usb drive and a working computer, providing you get a mobo with USB flashback support, such as the asus crosshair vii x470, I just did it and was super easy. https://www.asus.com/us/support/faq/1013998 (Instructions) https://premiumbuilds.com/motherboards/list-of-motherboards-with-usb-bios-flashback/
(all x470 mobos with flashback)

Apr 27, 2019
also as far as ram the official ram supported is 3200mhz! I run Samsung B die 3200 c14, Amd recommends 3600 c16 for optimal performance. But lower latency in short means faster speed. For example, 3200 c16 is about the same as 3000 c14. Due to the latency timings being tighter. That's my understanding of ram speed and latency. but I am certain on the AMD supported RAM