[SOLVED] X470 not posting after BIOS flash

Aug 8, 2019
I flashed my bios and after it was complete it rebooted but it was stuck in a black screen, the monitor lighted up but it just displayed black screen. On my motherboard the VGA debug light is lighted up. Doesn't post or boot at all, that's all I get a black screen. When I boot up, an underscore appears in the top left then disappears and displays black. I tried clearing CMOS through button and jumper but no avail. Could it be that the update failed and I can't get anything at all?

ryzen 7 2700x
msi x470 gaming pro carbon
rtx 2070
16gb hyperx predator rgb
1tb nvme ssd
750w psu

Solution
Ah ok I know why it's happening, that BIOS with AGESA code 1.0.0.3ab is a buggy code that AMD pulled a few weeks ago.

Yes you should be able to revert back, go back to the latest BIOS update with AGESA Code 1.0.0.6. As everything newer is updated to support Ryzen 3rd Gen and is buggy.
Aug 8, 2019
Double check that you downloaded the RIGHT BIOS, and didn't accidentally install a BIOS update from another board model
Hi, yes it's the correct one, 7B78v2A. Anyways, I left my computer running overnight and when I woke up it managed to boot into windows. I tried again and this time it takes around 5+ minutes to go from the black screen to windows. Is there anyway I can stabilize this or should I roll back to the previous version?

Aug 8, 2019
Ah ok I know why it's happening, that BIOS with AGESA code 1.0.0.3ab is a buggy code that AMD pulled a few weeks ago.

Yes you should be able to revert back, go back to the latest BIOS update with AGESA Code 1.0.0.6. As everything newer is updated to support Ryzen 3rd Gen and is buggy.
Thanks for the help, i'm currently in the process of reverting back to the old BIOS. It took me 30 minutes just to be able to get into BIOS(had to wait for it to boot into Windows, then restart from Windows into BIOS), another 20 minutes just to be able to get to the M-FLASH menu after rebooting from BIOS and it's been 5+ hours since I started the update and it's currently sitting at 68%. I'll mark it solved if everything goes back to normal.

Reactions: TechyInAZ
Aug 8, 2019

Managed to revert back to an update before the AGESA one and it's working fine now, just slow boot here and there but much better than before. Hate the BIOS UI though but it's alright. Thanks for the assist again.

TRENDING THREADS