[SOLVED] x470 or x570. Which way to go?

marioldr

Prominent
Jul 16, 2019
Hey everyone!

I'm a visual artist based in São Paulo Brazil and my work is generalist: Graphic design (Ai, PS, Indesign), Photography, Video editing, Motion Graphics and just started some studies with 3D (mainly C4d) and VR. After 10 years using Apple computers, I'm moving to windows platform.

I'm buiding a solid machine for the next 7-8 years and there's just on pice missing:. The motherboard.
I'm getting a bit confused of which chipset should I go.

After some research, I'm considering:

1) Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
or
2) Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi rev1.0

With one should be the best for me?
Are there any other solid options?

My build for now:

Ryzen 3900x
Noctua NH-DS15 SE-AM4

32GB (2 x 16GB) TridentZ Series DDR4 PC4-25600 3200MH CL14

EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 XC BLACK GAMING
08G-P4-2171-KR

4TB EVo 860 (main drive)*
* Planning to move for m.2 in 2-3 years
4TB WD Black (storage)

Corsair Hx1000i

NZXT H700i

Regards

Solution
Thanks for all that information. I was considering Elite before considering Aorus Master or the MSI Meg ACE.

The Aorus Elite really has everything I need for now and in the future.
My only concern is that I still need wifi and cannot find the x570 Elite WiFi here in Brazil

In your opinion, what it makes more sense?
Get an Elite and a PCI wifi card or invest a little more to get an similar one with built-in wifi?
Apart from the X570i Aorus Pro WiFi, which is a mITX board (you couldn't add anything other than a GPU to it), the next step up is the X570 Aorus Pro WiFi (note the i after the X570). It is almost R$ 500 more than the Elite, and may have more features, but if all you want is WiFi, a PCI card will probably...

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
The X570 Aorus Elite also has revised VRMs, and is capable of handling a 3950x with no problems. In theory, you could upgrade to a 4950x next year without problems, as opposed to the X470, which may or may not be compatible.

If you intend to keep the PC for so long, investing in the newer tech is a better bet.

Reactions: marioldr

marioldr

Prominent
Jul 16, 2019
The X570 Aorus Elite also has revised VRMs, and is capable of handling a 3950x with no problems. In theory, you could upgrade to a 4950x next year without problems, as opposed to the X470, which may or may not be compatible.

If you intend to keep the PC for so long, investing in the newer tech is a better bet.

That really makes sense as I'm planning to stick with this computer for the next 7-8 years.

Now the question is:
Which x570 should I go?

Just checked my budget and I'm between:
X570 AORUS Master vs MSI MEG ACE

Reactions: salgado18

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
That really makes sense as I'm planning to stick with this computer for the next 7-8 years.

Now the question is:
Which x570 should I go?

Just checked my budget and I'm between:
X570 AORUS Master vs MSI MEG ACE
I myself will get the X570 Aorus Elite. Top VRM, two M.2 x4, enough of all other ports, and don't need WiFi, USB type-C, over-gigabit LAN or Crossfire.

VRM-wise, the Gigabyte has it better, with 12 real phases, but both are powerful enough for 16-core Ryzens. I think you should compare the features of each one, to see which you really need (and will need in the future).

marioldr

Prominent
Jul 16, 2019
I myself will get the X570 Aorus Elite. Top VRM, two M.2 x4, enough of all other ports, and don't need WiFi, USB type-C, over-gigabit LAN or Crossfire.

VRM-wise, the Gigabyte has it better, with 12 real phases, but both are powerful enough for 16-core Ryzens. I think you should compare the features of each one, to see which you really need (and will need in the future).

Thanks for all that information. I was considering Elite before considering Aorus Master or the MSI Meg ACE.

My only concern is that I still need wifi and cannot find the x570 Elite WiFi here in Brazil

Get an Elite and a PCI wifi card or invest a little more to get an similar one with built-in wifi?

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007

Apart from the X570i Aorus Pro WiFi, which is a mITX board (you couldn't add anything other than a GPU to it), the next step up is the X570 Aorus Pro WiFi (note the i after the X570). It is almost R$ 500 more than the Elite, and may have more features, but if all you want is WiFi, a PCI card will probably be cheaper. Just don't save on it, cheap ones have very bad transfer rates (and many don't work well on Linux).

Reactions: TJ Hooker
Solution