Question X470 ROG CROSSHAIR HERO NOT BOOTING

psy1

Prominent
Aug 9, 2020
Motherboard: X470 ROG CROSSHAIR HERO (WIFI)

Problem: LED lights are showing but the PC will not switch on. No fans and power switch not working, not even the power switch on the motherboard itself.

All parts besides the motherboard are tested and working 100%.
All parts have been checked as being compatible with the motherboard.
I bought this motherboard used for about $200 USD and it basically just arrived.
The only possibility I can see is that the motherboard is somehow non-functional but before I will return it I will check here and see if there's anything that can be done.

PC SPECS:
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700
GPU: RX 480
PSU: SILVERSTONE 600W

Any help in possibly identifying the issue?

Lutfij

Titan
Silverstone is the brand of the PSU while 600W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model of the unit and how old is the unit in question? You should inspect each square inch of the motherboard for any bent or damaged capacitors. When the board was with the seller, was it working with a Ryzen 1700? Also, did you just migrate the OS drive from an older platform? What rams are you working with and which slots are they populating? breadboard the system and then try working without a boot drive. See if you can remove the CMOS battery from the board while disconnected from the display and wall, for at least 30 minutes. Replace the battery and try powering up.

psy1

Prominent
Aug 9, 2020
Nevermind sorry, I just took out the motherboard and realized I had not put in the CPU power connectors correctly.

Can someone delete this thread?